Duece Of Spades

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We need more people

Starting to relate to the Dio song, The last in line.

Well SF said he would be getting the video in the mail soon, He just had to round up the surprise gift, I know of only two types of round ups, cattle or rattle snake round ups. So seeing it is from Snakefarm i'm sure It's not a cow :eek:

Giddy up cowboy.....

Starting to relate to the Dio song, The last in line.

Well SF said he would be getting the video in the mail soon, He just had to round up the surprise gift, I know of only two types of round ups, cattle or rattle snake round ups. So seeing it is from Snakefarm i'm sure It's not a cow :eek:

Yippee Ki O ki ya!!! Are you referring to Ronny James Dio?? Just wondering..[S

Definitely not a cow..........and yes, by all means be careful about sticking your fingers in the box when you get it! :eek: I just got back from the post office where I headed the "Deuce of Spades" on it's next journey........1,770 miles due West to Mike's house! Should be there the first of the week and again, open carefully. [ddd This baby is racking up the miles for sure! :cool:

I'll try to get a couple pics of my town posted up tonight.

"The Deuce of Spades" spent the last few days in the town of Buckhannon, West Virginia..........

IMG_7653Medium_zps69c2ee26.jpg

....and as promised here are a few pics from my town.

Buckhannon has a population of approx. 5,600 people and is the county seat of Upshur County which has a total population of about 24,000. Yes, it's a bit rural around here LOL.

12-24-09courthousefromwestmainstreetMedium_zps182bc186.jpg

The mural above is located on our Main Street and depicts an imagined meeting between two of our most famous early settlers. One is Samuel Pringle who along with his brother John first settled this area in 1764 and lived in the hollow of a huge Sycamore tree for three years. The other is Delaware Cheifton "Buckhongahelas" who some claim the town is named after. (others believe the town was named after a missionary by the name of John Buchanon.

IMG_7489Medium_zpsc87b2fd4.jpg

Buckhannon is a typical little sleepy town.........and that's what I love about it.

IMG_9202Medium_zpsbbc99d73.jpg

We are home to West Virginia Wesleyan College, where my daughter got her degree in business and finance.......and also got married at the chapel there.

WesleyChapel10-22-09Medium_zpsdf46b010.jpg

Here the "Deuce of Spades" rests on a bronze statue of Chief Buckhongahelas holding his son Mahonegan who was killed by Captain William White in June of 1773

IMG_7097Medium_zps55ea5d91.jpg

Here's a bit of info on Chief Buckhongahelas http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckongahelas

Like most small towns we have a few famous natives, one of whom is writer Stephen Coonts, Navy pilot, Vietnam War Veteran and author of "Flight of the Intruder". However if you want to check out some of his work I suggest one of his non fiction works "Cannibal Queen" which is the story of one of his cross country trips in a 1942 Stearman open cockpit Bi-plane.
We're also known for tragedy too as we are home to the Sago mine explosion which killed twelve miners in Jan. 2006. I knew four of them.

IMG_5579Medium_zpsdb48a521.jpg

So there you have it, a bit about the town where I was born in 1958 and where I've lived since 1974.

Hope I didn't bore ya.

Ray

Cool info and pictures, but how did you make it all look so flat..??[that' alittle hill country joke] I have driven I77 hundreds of times, you gotta have good brakes!![cl

Thanks for the tour of your town and the countryside, Snake Farm. Looks like a great place to live.

I'm enjoying this aspect of the thread a great deal. Thanks for participating.

13174 miles so far

Ok the deuce of spades has landed in GJ CO (300 miles away from anything that make sense). Now I will ponder the safest way to open the package.

Last edited:
Was there anything in the box besides the movie [S.........or did it get away? [ddd

Well I did the snake charmer trick and no snakes. So I proceeded with caution as advised and low and behold I found a fish (of sorts). O'l Snake Farm is a man of many talents. Ray that is way to nice to chance losing in the lakes around here, I have just the spot on my garage wall to hang that.

Well I did the snake charmer trick and no snakes. So I proceeded with caution as advised and low and behold I found a fish (of sorts). O'l Snake Farm is a man of many talents. Ray that is way to nice to chance losing in the lakes around here, I have just the spot on my garage wall to hang that.

Glad you liked the lure Mike.........

IMG_7104Medium_zps91f3603e.jpg

IMG_7105Medium_zps942a0184.jpg

.......but feel free to toss it in water, might get something to hang on the wall with it. :D I was pretty heavy into carving lures for about six years but haven't done much with it for the past three or four years. I've collected vintage lures for years and that's what got me started making lures......always liked the old stuff like this "Wonder Bug" made by Mike Hildreth form out your way (Gunnison, Colorado) That's an original on the left and one of my replicas on the right....

book3jpgLarge_zps3abbd9ef.jpg

Have you watched the movie yet? I thought it was pretty good and got better as it went. Hope some more folks jump in so it can keep going.

Well I finally got to watch the movie, it took a little while to convince the wife that not all movies that come in the mail are adult movies. After watching it she really liked it, me I’m not a movie type of guy but sure loved the cars (it was worth watching). Thanks to bob w for putting this out like he did, I would honestly say I would have never watched it or even considered purchasing it. I hope Faith does get the chance to continue on with the other two movies.

Have not had a chance to get any pics yet but I will get some up.

Some one jump to the plate.

Latest posts

Back