dumb question. What is ....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jfg455

The Hot Rod Cop
the H A M B that I keep hearing about? Should I just turn in my Hot Rod card now or wait till after the stoning? Thanks Fellas!

Its a very opinionated hot rod site. great info and tips!! you mention rat rods and they will crucify you!! Some bad ass cars and a few over the top trailer queens

TRADITIONAL hot rods and customs website with many very talented builders and a great wealth of information, BUT also has many narrow visioned loudmouths and keyboard tuff-guys that live for internet drama. Rat rods are pegged as unsafe trash there by the outspoken ones (even though many members have 'em).

It's a site for traditionals an they want to keep it that way. Fair enough. I'll surf it on occasion, but hang my hat here with the good folks at RRR.

"Hey HAM guys, I have a Honda Civic I want to rat rod - flat black with red wheels, where can I get white wall tires?"
[P

In agreement with what most have already said. I quit going over there because I kept finding myself trying to build HAMB friendly stuff even though I didn't to. I just wanted somewhere to talk about my builds, didn't know about this place, and didn't want to get flammed over all my hard work.

Bottom line. You can't post ANYTHING there without automatically falling into a catagory that someone over there lives to crush.
Haven't been to the site in over a year and I'm enjoying my builds a lot more. Most of the guys that do the stomping over there don't even have cars; They just live the "life style".

It's a great place to pick up information. I was on there long before I came here. But I don't go there much anymore. It is such a large forum that it's hard to keep up with, several pages of new threads every day.
I think there are lots of "ratrods" there, they just don't call them that.
If you visit there, remember they are about 1963 and earlier and don't generally like newcomers to talk about newer stuff and for goodeness sake don't mention VW bugs, the adm. (Ryan) hates them.
I made a lot of good friends there, one of the toughest mods (won't mention names) came over and got a Mazda rotory engine from me once and he was nothing like I thought he would be. Clean cut business type and a heckuva nice guy. He never talked about the Mazda powered rod on the board.lol
I would say it's 95% good folks and 5% keyboard tough guys.

I've met a lot of the HAMB guys at various events and all have been super nice. Even some of them talk about the few idiots on there who love to flame people and are negative about everything. My Son Dan is a member there and has been treated very well and has made a of friends there.

However, there is a wealth of info and some very heavy hitters in the hot rod game on there. The forum does have a very narrow focus....traditional hot rods, and everything else is considered not HAMB worthy.

Don

good to know. I am a member on a bunch of other boards and one major thing I like about the RRR is that there isn't any internet posturing here. Noone seems to need to flame someone else just for the heck of it. That gets old after awhile. But like you guys said, if you sift through the B.S. there is a wealth of knowaledge on them. Thanks!

You wouldn't believe the amount of old timers on there. And celebs. After Boyd died, his wife came on for a while, very sweet lady and she was treated with respect. Also Jesse James comes on once in a while, so does Cole Foster. Mike Bishop (of Tardel and Bishop) and Flat Earnie are builders we would all bow to. The Dirtys are good friends of mine and Dirty31 is a great guy who turns out some very cool (sshh-ratrods) rods. Just look past the dorks and it is a pretty great resource and a good place to make friends in the hobby.

It's a great place to pick up information. I was on there long before I came here. But I don't go there much anymore. It is such a large forum that it's hard to keep up with, several pages of new threads every day.
I think there are lots of "ratrods" there, they just don't call them that.
If you visit there, remember they are about 1963 and earlier and don't generally like newcomers to talk about newer stuff and for goodeness sake don't mention VW bugs, the adm. (Ryan) hates them.
I made a lot of good friends there, one of the toughest mods (won't mention names) came over and got a Mazda rotory engine from me once and he was nothing like I thought he would be. Clean cut business type and a heckuva nice guy. He never talked about the Mazda powered rod on the board.lol
I would say it's 95% good folks and 5% keyboard tough guys.

So if one wanted to shake the hornets nest over there, post a thread about a Chopped top Honda Vtec Powered Rat Rod Volkswagon, but call it traditional.....

[ddd

Yep, there are a ton of knowledgeable folks over there. Tons of great info is there to search through. I've been a member over there since 2003 and go there probably 10 times a day (same as here).

The thing that seems to get the bashers fired up is when somebody asks a very basic question that has already been asked (and responded to) 10,000 times already.

SEARCH a subject thoroughly, before you pop off your first question.

I go there everyday, but only to the classified section![cl too many opinionated keyboard tuff guys! And yes, they'll crucify you for the "RR" word! Unlike here...CR

Latest posts

Back