Ebay fees

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been figuring 15%-18% for quite a while now with paypal fees. But I look at it this way, I take items to a local auction with 50 people in the crowd and pay 15% so it really isn't out of line to pay that and have thousands of viewers.
I also use craigslist more, and the HAMB. I have real good luck there with certain items.
I don't do auctions much on ebay anymore, just put a buy it now with free shipping and it sells or it doesn't. One thing is the listing fees aren't much so it only costs small change if it didn't sell. I usually look what other similar items sell for and back my price up just a little from that. Items almost always sell that way. Never, never , ever use a hidden reserve. Those items never sell.

Craigslist bitchin! Searching for S10 rear ends on Craigslist. So I see an ad where a guy is parting out some s-10 so I call him yesterday (Sunday) says yep he has 5 of them he is parting out. I ask about the rear ends and he says they all have one. So I ask how much for all of them he says $100 a piece for them all. Ok great I'll take em all. When can I get them. He says Monday about 3. Perfect he is about 60 miles from but no biggie. So I call him today about noon says yep he is getting them out. Ok I got to go to town about 25 miles, so I'll be half way there. Give him a call at 3 no answer called 10 times in the next hour left several messages. I got fed up wasting time, so I come back to the shop. What the hell is wrong with these people. Do they want to sell this or not? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

I know what you mean, Ron. It seems 50% of the people you get on CL are flakes or trying to rip you off. I also do not want people I don't know coming to my shop, and we even discourage people we do know because you never know who they might tell about "all this cool stuff a guy has." I guess the latest thing is that robbers are mugging people who are buying and selling stuff on CL when they show up.

Don

Don, you are right on about CL, around the Chicago area they are going into flipped houses that are still for sale using that address for their ad and when the the person comes to pay and pick up what they bought they beat the crap out of him and steel his money!

For you guys in the bigger cities I would worry to, there has been a large increase of fake buys just to rob someone. We are just over 100,000 here in the grand valley area. So much doesn't happen here.

I've been looking for a vintage travel trailer & saw an awesome one on daBay. While reading the description the seller posted the following paragraph...

= = = = PLEASE READ = = = = = =
Ebay has become such a bad place to sell that I am forced to deal ONLY with people who contact me directly. About 50% of my eBay sales fall through because the high bidder just decides they don't really want it. Put in your bid but you must call if you really want it. It's the only way you're going to get this beauty.

OMG!!!

BoB

Latest posts

Back