Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never observed a polecat (skunk?) climb a tree not to mention whilst carrying a chainsaw. I would pay money for that. :D Or have i misread again?

Many years ago I went to alot of dog trials with my uncle and when a hound would trail a skunk instead of a fox it would run up a tree and shake the dogs. Lost allot of points on that run. Must be a ga sayin

Hey, remember that episode where Al Bundy had his Dodge stolen? Then it turned out that he parked infront of a car wash and they washed it for him. The car was sitting in front of him and he didnt recognize it. That car was sweet.

Maybe i'll put off washing my truck for a few more years. It really needs a buff/wax job, but i dread doing that. Its a silverado extended cab, and its black. Thats gonna be an all day job....

that was a cool vid bonehead.....

...don't you have enuf parts layin around to build you one ....and me one.....and dogpatch one......and.......:D:D:D

Monday's stink!!

went to the shop today to finish up a couple of things on LAST weeks project, the owner shows up and says it'll be a day or 2 before he "rakes up" the money.....O.K. that's not a good way to start my day.....later after he left i thought i'd take off the exhaust manifolds on my 52 to remove a broken ex. flange stud---well now i have another broken bolt to remove-yep, from the head!
oh well, go on about my day -not gonna let it get me down!....
and the next thing i need is some air, so the compressor comes on and a few minutes later it blows a head gasket.....
there's more but i feel better just typing out this much frustration so i'll stop there....yes, monday's stink.......BRING ON TUESDAY;)

So i guess flu season is coming. I always thought it strange that with all the strains of influenza "they" tell us there are, only one comes around each year?
"They" always tell us which one it is and "they' used to give the projected numbers on how many old people would die.(be removed from social security)
Now it's the swine flu. Where is the old Hong Kong wasn't it making enough money? I see that a tentacle of the government has paid 5 pharmaceutical companies $2,000,000,000 for enough vaccine to take care of the american public!
Don't mind me i am just a skepticle old crank.

XsNh3yT9qgjj.jpg

Last edited:
went to the shop today to finish up a couple of things on LAST weeks project, the owner shows up and says it'll be a day or 2 before he "rakes up" the money.....O.K. that's not a good way to start my day.....later after he left i thought i'd take off the exhaust manifolds on my 52 to remove a broken ex. flange stud---well now i have another broken bolt to remove-yep, from the head!
oh well, go on about my day -not gonna let it get me down!....
and the next thing i need is some air, so the compressor comes on and a few minutes later it blows a head gasket.....
there's more but i feel better just typing out this much frustration so i'll stop there....yes, monday's stink.......BRING ON TUESDAY;)

Here's one for you.

My air compressor pump is dying (and not enough CFM anyway). I have a big job coming in before too long and there is no time for me to hand sand an entire E150 cargo van from end to end. So, I discuss this with my wife and we come to the same conclusion, I need a compressor in fairly short order and the decision is made to go ahead and charge it and pay it off with the money from the van repaint (still wishing I could put the money elsewhere, like towards the transmission I had to put in our car). Anyhow, I searched and searched and made up my mind on what to get and where to get it from. I called and placed the order and he confirmed it would be shipped in the next few days. Received a call that night from the credit card company to inform me there have been fraudulent charges and my card will be canceled and a new one will be issued in a week or so. I receive a call the next day to tell me my card did not work, I explain what happened and that I will have to wait for a new card.

Fast forward 2 weeks, I have the new card and still have not called to reorder the compressor. I am having trouble (with myself) financing something I actually NEED, I just do not want to do it. So, now I sit with a compressor that will no longer keep up with a DA and I would be scared to death of trying to paint an entire vehicle using it. I have been selling every "extra" thing I have on craigslist to try to make myself feel better about ordering the compressor.

Now I learn that the van may not be coming until Feb.... A reprieve for now. But, if I line up anything large I will have an issue.

Come on Coostv, Just splurge and go for it!:D...You're gonna need it soon anyway, even if ya don't need it, just cool sometimes to buy a tool!..:eek: And Earthman, where do you come up with all these cool photos?.....CR

Come on Coostv, Just splurge and go for it!:D...You're gonna need it soon anyway, even if ya don't need it, just cool sometimes to buy a tool!..:eek: And Earthman, where do you come up with all these cool photos?.....CR

Is there a tool and equiptment rental place where you live Coostv?

Yeah, I should get over it. My wife asked when the new compressor was coming... I told her I am having issues.

Rental places here only have portable units too small to even come close.

There will be a post declaring my new acquisition. With pictures of course.

Check this Rocket Scientist out! These are the people who are running around the streets where I'm living now! Found this story on Yahoo news.:D

You thought those Baltimorons who lifted Cal Ripken's No. 8 statue were going to remain your favorite dumb baseball thief story of the year?

Heh, not even close.

Not to be outdone at badly planned crimes that make the rest of us laugh, a Phillies fan has been charged with stealing three 2008 World Series rings from a Citizens Bank Park office during Thursday's Game 2 loss to the Rockies.

According to Philadelphia police, 22-year-old Matthew Mervine attended the game dressed as a masked "Rockies Killer" — the Philadelphia Inquirer actually took a picture of him — and was ejected by security officials during the game for acting too rowdy.

But instead of heading home, Mervine allegedly stole three World Series rings — valued at about $1,100 apiece — from a ballpark office. Police say they know this because a security camera caught him in the act shortly after he filled out a job application to work at the park.

Also filed as evidence? The job application Mervine left behind, complete with all of his contact information. Whoops!

Police say they later recovered the rings — which were made for team employees and cost substantially less than the $11K versions given to players — at Mervine's home. There's no word on whether he was still wearing the "Rockies Killer" mask when arrested (though I have a strong suspicion and hope that he was).

Latest posts

Back