Endless BS thread

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For some it's turning into "THE AMERICAN DREAM" My wife had a home listing that got sold through another realtor and the guy buying the house off the people buying her house was "stuck" in africa and couldn't exactly make the deposit, but not to worry since he was paying cash for this $400,000 home! My wife knew instantly it was a scam and never took the house off the market....She was right![cl

This is the response (see below) I just got back this morning. I am looking at this for my wife. The name that is in the e-mail is SGT. Darryl Benchlah USAF. I looked at his photobucket link and this thing is beautiful. Has custom headrest tv.s, 4, 1000 watt amp.s in a custom box, custom speaker enclosure, custom wheels probably 22"s. Car is worth way more than what he is asking. I could sell the wheels and speaker stuff and make more than I would pay for the truck. I e-mailed him back and said I will buy it. Let me know where we can meet so I can drive it. I have the cash if he has the title. Waiting for a response.

My 2002 Cadillac Escalade is in perfect working condition, this detailed vehicle makes the exterior look like it just came off the assembly line. The SUV has only 82,279 miles. This is the second time when I try to sell my vehicle...First time I tried eBay because every time I only use 100% safe methods and I've sent the vehicle through the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program to a buyer from Alaska. I paid the shipping and insurance costs and when eBay requested the payment he refused to pay. Why? ... because he agreed to purchase the Vehicle in the first place, but typically didn't had the necessary amount to do so. ...if you don't have the funds available, you can't get the vehicle. For the time being, my vehicle is on eBay's hand and it's ready to be delivered to the next buyer. My price on it is $4,700.00

Here is the link with the pics:

http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad67/cadillac_2002/

You'll probably be waiting quite a while for this "good" deal! Like the old saying...If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!:D.Well I'm off for a sleep test at the hospital to put an end to this Sleep apnea that I've had for years! Been too long with 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night..can't wait!!...CR

Last edited:
You'll probably be waiting quite a while for this "good" deal! Like the old saying...If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is!:D.Well I'm off for a sleep test at the hospital to put an end to this Sleep apnea that I've had for years! Been too long with 5 to 6 hours of sleep a night..can't wait!!...CR

Good luck CR - been there, done it and got tired of looking like Bart Simpson when he burps -lips just flapping in the wind - and the head set makes ya look like a deformed elephant. How many times a night do you quit breathing ?

Sometimes, quite a few! Scary!!! I've had this for a loooooooong time I really need to get it under control. What did you do?..CR

I use a CPAP machine for apnea. For about 3 years? It takes some getting use to. Stick with it for a while and you wont be able to sleep without it. My dad wears one now too. He was getting up to pee several times a night. With apnea you never really fully go to sleep. That's why he had to pee so much. His bladder never went into sleep mode. Apnea prematurely wears out your internal organs, liver, kidneys, bladder, etc. because of this. A lot of people get the machines and mask and give up to easily. I wear a full face mask. Some people prefer the full nose, and there's some that go in your nostrils. The full nose I like better, but I breath through my mouth with it and have to wear a chin strap. Because of that I wear the full face. I hate the chin strap! At first I didn't notice a huge difference. But now if I don't wear it I feel terrible the next day. Other people also noticed a change in my attitude and personality once I started getting better sleep. Even though I didn't at first they did. You'll be glad you did it!:D

Thanks for that CR!
lol.gif

It makes your heart melt!

My wife asked my four year old boy what he wanted to be when he grew up. His reply was "I want to be like daddy and work hard so I can take good care of my kids...AND I want to drive a racecar like daddy used to drive."

Brings a tear to the eye! Mama wasn't so happy about the racing comment though.:mad:

This is the response (see below) I just got back this morning. I am looking at this for my wife. The name that is in the e-mail is SGT. Darryl Benchlah USAF. I looked at his photobucket link and this thing is beautiful. Has custom headrest tv.s, 4, 1000 watt amp.s in a custom box, custom speaker enclosure, custom wheels probably 22"s. Car is worth way more than what he is asking. I could sell the wheels and speaker stuff and make more than I would pay for the truck. I e-mailed him back and said I will buy it. Let me know where we can meet so I can drive it. I have the cash if he has the title. Waiting for a response.

http://s922.photobucket.com/albums/ad67/cadillac_2002/

After going around and around with this ITS A SCAM. I got the vin # did a carfax report. All the things I thought I should do to check it out. Gave him my address and name so supposedly eBay could contact me. Nothing that I think he can use against me for indentity theft or anything, stuff anyone could get. Well I got an e-mail from "eBay" everything looked legit. I had a case # all kinds of eBay logos on the e-mail and links to there buyer protection stuff. Then at the end of the e-mail my deposit on the vehicle was 1/2 of the asking price of the car. Normally all eBay deposits on cars I have seen are $500. Anyway I was supposed to pay the eBay accounts division person, he obviously made up, in Georgia through Western Union. Automatic red flag. I looked on eBay for help. I found a fraud protection link. Apparently this is the newest scam going around. Almost everything they said, he is doing. One thing it says is that eBay DOES NOT accept Western Union. So why would the e-mail from "eBay" ask me to pay through Western Union? Another thing, if you aren't sure if your getting an e-mail from eBay or a fraudulent scam e-mail. It says you will have a copy of any mail sent to you in your messages folder on your eBay account. I had about 4 more vehicles I was looking at send e-mails with similar scams they were trying to pull. One was joining UNICEF, one was also fixing to be deployed to Afganistan just like the first scam.
Used to be Pawn shop guys and sleazy car lot guys tried to screw you in person. Now we've got all this crap on the internet to deal with:rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back