Ew EW EW! Free Model T's for me!!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Inked Monkey

Tarzan's tatted best friend
I finally got a map out of one of my older buddies. He has two complete model T's on one of his properties that he said I could have. He also has a 67 chevy wagon with a 327 up for grabs. I'm gonna go check them out sunday. He said it'd be hard to get them out because theyre in the bottom of a ravine, but he said it could be done. I can't wait.:D:D

Inked!!!

Inked,
Free is *always* good but ravine cars r seldom "free"... also helps to have access to a tractor! Like the Bonehead said... take u're camera!

BoB

Yep tractor or front end loader........and watch for SNAKES !!! :eek::eek: I HATE snakes. :eek:

That '67 327 is actually a good one, made before they started smogging them too much. Sounds like the makings of a cheap hot rod there. Please do take lots of pictures.

Don

Well I don't think they're T's. Aren't these A's? Sorry about the pics, but all I had was my phone. One looks pretty straight and saveable, the other's cowl and back section are good, but the middle is pretty mangled. The cowls on both are pretty much perfect. Getting them out should be fun! but not impossible!:D I'm gonna go back tomorrow with the battery sawsal and a couple of buddies!

Attachments

• 08_11_07_1448.jpg
    08_11_07_1448.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 94
  • 08_11_07_1449.jpg
    08_11_07_1449.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 74
  • 08_11_07_1450.jpg
    08_11_07_1450.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 85
  • 08_11_07_1451.jpg
    08_11_07_1451.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 08_11_07_1452.jpg
    08_11_07_1452.jpg
    40.8 KB · Views: 111
one more. I didn't get a chance to look around for the wagon, because it's 109 without the heat index!:eek:

Attachments

• 08_11_07_1453.jpg
    08_11_07_1453.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 93
About how heavy are the separate pieces of these things? Where should I cut them to make it easier? I only have to hoof these things about 100 yards, but up a creak bank and through the woods.

Good looking tin. Still lots of useable parts there. (I am looking for a top for mine.) But between the two I think you ought to be able to put something together.

In the 4th picture you can see a body line that runs vertically. If I cut along that on both sides to free up the side panels from the back, do you think I could get them back together? or should I cut the roof off and have 2 big chunks?

Can be kind of heavy, in one peice. 4 people can carry it okay, with 2 it is okay in the shop. There may be enough rusted away to lighten it up a bit. Mine had some floor boards left in it.

Attachments

• a.jpg
    a.jpg
    170.1 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:
I'm gonna go out with a buddy today and scout out for that wagon. (It's only 93 degrees today)

I'm not familiar with the different years. I know the pics suck but what year do you think these are?

bodies

You don't have to cut them up they bolt to together with small bolts on all the body seams
7/16 I think
and a bolt cutter will get them a part
They are 30/31 Ford Tudors

Last edited:
From the pix, they are 1928-29 tudors. Very desirable. Those are unique with that vertical cowl piece, and look really cool.

Well worth digging for. :D:D

Don

Last edited:
Thanks!

I just got back with some new pics on my digi camera. I'll post those pics tonight. I can't wait to get them home!!!!!!!!
No luck on the wagon, but there is a bunch of other misc. crap laying around.

We have a date with a sawzall and bolt cutter next sunday. Hopefully all goes well and I'll have some more projects.

OOOHH OOOHHH OOOHHH Wanna share? I'm not that far away. Cool finds man, that just proves theres still plenty of this stuff out there, you just have to know the right people. Those bodies aren't that heavy, expecially taken apart. Heck, I had to carry a complete front axle about 200 yards in that kind of terrain, but it was a complete 37 axle and I couldn't resist for free!

When my Son needed a rear axle for his RPU we went to a local pick and pull yard. Found and removed one from a van, and had to drag it about 1/4 mile through sugar sand to get to the trailer. We had a handtruck, but it wouldn't roll in the sand, so we kept laying down pieces of plywood that were there, and getting a running start. Finally the handtruck would bog back down, so we would move the plywood and repeat the process.

Took about an hour to get it there, and we were exhausted (It was August and HOT:eek:) The things we crazy hot rodders do for stuff.

Don

Latest posts

Back