Field Of Dreams: 500 Vehicle Barn Find Auction

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, as soon as the prices go up like that, it is what the stuff is worth. When I was a kid I bought a nice straight 57 Belair 2 door for $15 but I sure bet none of us would want those prices back if we owned any of those cars.
It's supply and demand, and the supply of 60 year old cars with less than 10 miles on them is few. Look at the more common condition cars on that auction and the prices were about normal.

The fact that someone with too much money is willing to spend way too much on a vehicle doesn't mean that's what it is worth. Look what happened with the Barrett-Jackson inflated Dodge muscle car prices a couple years ago. People were spending so much money on Mopar cars and the prices were ridiculous, then the prices crashed because people realized they weren't worth that much money. Then people had trouble practically giving them away.

Stupidity doesn't determine market value. The fact that someone is willing to spend 80K or 140K on a low-mile neglected old pickup doesn't make it worth that much money. Sure, inflation and market values do change and increase the prices over time, but these prices that were paid for these vehicles are in no way an accurate representation of the vehicle worth and market value.

Whaaaat

Giving away MOPAR muscle cars? Can you get me some contact info.

Really, this stupidity is fun to watch. I know a guy with three concourse Shelby Mustangs and I can hear his sphincter slam shut two towns over.

Don

Latest posts

Back