Finger hole... again!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
How MANY times do I have to burn a big hole in my finger or hand B4 I use my gloves for every single welding job. Just a 'lil welding... no need to hunt down my gloves... right!?!? WRONG... again! When will I ever learn!?

BoB

Sometimes the gloves can be a bad thing.
A couple years ago my neighbor was mig welding some small peices clamped in the vise and had his gloves on. The wire got to the end of the peice and the hot wire went right through the glove into his finger. It only hurt for a second until a couple days later when he had to go to the doctors to remove a tiny piece of leather from his swollen twice as big infected finger.

For some reason I always get the burning ember under my watch.... never fails... you'de think I would wise up and take my watch off before I do any welding... but....

But the never answerd question is - How does that little HOT dingle ball make it past your leather sleeves - down your long heavy duty gauntlet style welding gloves down to the tip of your finger without burning any thing else then BURNS the living HELL out of the tip ? - and the gloves are new - NO HOLES

Bonehead hot foot dance!

But the never answerd question is - How does that little HOT dingle ball make it past your leather sleeves - down your long heavy duty gauntlet style welding gloves down to the tip of your finger without burning any thing else then BURNS the living HELL out of the tip ? - and the gloves are new - NO HOLES

That's usually what happens to my toes... slips down my shoe & I do the lil hot foot dance I learned from the Bonehead! :D:D:D

BoB

If i would respond to the pain immediatly it would not leave a permanent scar,
but i am always too intent on the weld to stop. Have a sock with a hole in it that lines up with the scab on the top of my foot every time i put it on.:rolleyes:

I hate our plasma cutter...........I'm still sporting burns on the tops of both feet from hot sparks down my shoe! :eek: Likewise, my Son doesn't have one shirt that hasn't been on fire at least once, but his comes from welding.

Fun stuff we play with, huh? :D

Don

really fun stuff!

am i the only idiot that has ever leaned over or laid down to do a quick weld only to have a hot dingle-ball fall down into your ear and make that "bacon frying-sizzle"--it usually will get your attention!!:eek:

(no one has to tell me if i am really the only idiot that has done it):eek::D

am i the only idiot that has ever leaned over or laid down to do a quick weld only to have a hot dingle-ball fall down into your ear and make that "bacon frying-sizzle"--it usually will get your attention!!:eek:

Ok... i really didn't want to admit this but that had never happened to me until a couple of weeks ago... & it happened twice in the same day!!! WHAT are the odds!?!? Yep... it got my attention!!!

BoB

Been there several times, I'm also bad about wearing "Croks" instead of real shoes and have caught a few glowing red BBs between my toes.

Been there several times, I'm also bad about wearing "Croks" instead of real shoes and have caught a few glowing red BBs between my toes.

Iron,
FYI: the Bonehead gives free hot foot dancing lessons on-line but I'm sure you have a lil version of u're own!!! :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

I usually grit my teeth and wait for the sizzle to stop. By the time you take off your shoe it is too late. I was on a tall ladder cutting holes in a pipe that was upright, and dropped hot metal into my belt line in the front once, had to wait it out.

hey Tripper, our Safety Dept gave out a bunch of these little gizmos and they work great, i love mine, no more shoving big bulky gloves in a pocket or putting them down and walking away, just clip and go. also work to hang em up to dry over night if they get wet.

http://www.gloveguard.com/

hey Tripper, our Safety Dept gave out a bunch of these little gizmos and they work great, i love mine, no more shoving big bulky gloves in a pocket or putting them down and walking away, just clip and go. also work to hang em up to dry over night if they get wet.

http://www.gloveguard.com/

Wow... thanks Imp!!! Gots ta have some of those!!!

BoB

Finger hole *finally* healed up in the last couple of days. That was a really bad one & I am a glove man from now on. Did I mention... THAT REALLY HURT TOO?!? Thought I'd ck back to see how long ago that was... nearly a month!

BoB

Chinese cows?

Harbor Freight welding gloves- 3 pair for $10, but then I got to thinking.............. chinese cows?:confused:

Latest posts

Back