Fire Fire Everywhere

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cycledog

A really rusty biker
Been a tough year for wild fires around here. We are basically surrounded by wild fires.
3 Forest Service fighters in their 20's have died and another with over 60% of his body burned. The fire fighters are stretched to the limit so much that the military has been called in for help.

If you are of the mind keep these guys in your prayers and those affected. I believe that over 100 homes have been lost. Most of the fires in our area are in fairly remote areas with at least 3 entire towns evacuated.

I took this picture at sunrise this morning, smoke everywhere. That is smoke you see not clouds.

I heard about all the fires on the radio earlier today. Scary stuff for sure.

smokey here too

I woke up yesterday with runny eyes and hungs hurting, the smoke is worse than your picture. I checked the air quality maps and we would have to go at least 500 miles to get out of the bad smoke.
All these fires are a prime example of the federal government, BLM and US Forest Service mis-management the last 20 years. The western state governors have been pleading with the US government to let western states manage lands in their states. Federal Policies are now set to avoid lawsuits from so called environment groups. not sound management practices. Last year the fires in New Mexico stopped when the fires reached the Indian Reservation land. The Native Americans have lived on their land for centuries and know the best practices, The controlled timber harvest, brush control. Grazing to control grass fires, water shed and wild life habitat.

If the harvestable timber had been sold insead of destroyed by the fires there would have been enough money to pay for what should have been done

I woke up yesterday with runny eyes and hungs hurting, the smoke is worse than your picture. I checked the air quality maps and we would have to go at least 500 miles to get out of the bad smoke.
All these fires are a prime example of the federal government, BLM and US Forest Service mis-management the last 20 years. The western state governors have been pleading with the US government to let western states manage lands in their states. Federal Policies are now set to avoid lawsuits from so called environment groups. not sound management practices. Last year the fires in New Mexico stopped when the fires reached the Indian Reservation land. The Native Americans have lived on their land for centuries and know the best practices, The controlled timber harvest, brush control. Grazing to control grass fires, water shed and wild life habitat.

If the harvestable timber had been sold insead of destroyed by the fires there would have been enough money to pay for what should have been done

Amen.............

Top picture normal.....bottom picture Friday afternoon.

Attachments

• smoke.jpg
    smoke.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 32
Last year the fires in New Mexico stopped when the fires reached the Indian Reservation land. The Native Americans have lived on their land for centuries and know the best practices...

When white men came west, Indian Brave hunt and fish all day, have sex all night, Indian squaw clean game, cook food, raise young braves. White man think he can improve on that? :D {And I'm a white guy! :D}

Hope they get the fires under control for you guys. Keep a watch, fire moves fast and in unexpected ways. Stay safe guys.

I've been hanging out with Bonehead most all weekend around Fruita Co and the air is nasty! I'm heading on to Salt Lake City in the morning and the air is suppose to be worse there.

This is from Jeff's house yesterday. It's usually a crystal clear sunset.

I've got a buddy that a Park Ranger in CA...

He's been out twice to assist...says it's just nuts with the winds and dry...they can't keep up....he's going back in a few days....I pray for everyone of those guys and gals...every day...

The last 2 days here in the Okanagan valley have been massively smoked in due to the southerly wind blowing the smoke up from all the Washington state fires. Choppers and fire fighting aircraft here are grounded from fighting our own fires due to low visibility.
It's been a brutal fire season, hope things turn around for you soon...
With all the 'smoke' you have in Washington, you're sending us the wrong kind... :D

Latest posts

Back