Firing Order Magazine... here we go!!!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
Ok gang, I’m making big progress with the magazine! If you’ve ever wanted your car in a mag... here’s your chance. My goal is to focus on kats who turn their own wrenches, bust their own knuckles & spill a lil of their own blood into their project. The mag will sorta be like the RRR forum but not exclusively rattys. Here are some sections you might be interested in...

1) Reader’s rides
2) Before & After
3) Garage scene
4) Kool fotos
5) Old family fotos
6) Calendar submissions
7) Shop scene

And if you have a shop & are producing kool stuff... I wanna see it! Not everyone has the tools, skills or the time but WHO doesn’t want a hot rod or ratty?!

I’ll also be accepting submissions for car shows & features but that will require good photography at hi resolutions. Submissions also need to be at least 300dpi resolution. I have found this mini tutorial by popular Hot Rodding to be a decent primer on how to shoot cars for mags so take from it what you will. I’d prefer not to have any shots at extreme angles like some of the ones shown there but this should give you a good idea of how to get good pictures! Also... when shooting... be aware of the background! Don't have trash cans etc in the picture! If you have an idea for a feature or know someone who's car deserves recognition... lemme know! If you have any questions about this feel free to write me at [email protected].

http://www.popularhotrodding.com/features/0506phr_get_your_car_phr/viewall.html

And if you're an aspiring photographer... let's see whatcha gots!!!

Here’s the basic logo for the mag & I’ll be adapting it to other things like business cards etc!

BoB

Attachments

• FO-logoweb.jpg
    FO-logoweb.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 41
I'm getting out the camera as we speak ! :D I should have something to submit to you in a little while.

Good luck with it, Tripper ! :D

Don

If blood letting is a qualification, I should be the poster boy.
I'm getting close to roll out on my 8+ year build and have a sister who takes professional quality photos so you'll be seeing some pics of the phantom rpu showing up soon. And with bettys hopefully

If you need any artwork or anything I'd be honored to lend a hand if I can. I'll post some paintings/sketches if you're keen.

VooDooGrl,
Send it to me at [email protected]! Love to see it!!!

Also... I forgot the "Tats / Rags" section! It'll be for kool tats & kats & kittens dressed up in their kooool rags! Let's see u're Betty or if u are a Betty... I wanna see it! Again... send to [email protected]!!!

BoB

Very cool Tripper!

On how to take mag photos (from the link)....
"Grazing, or Driving?
...One of the most common problems I see with photos sent in by readers is a car on grass. .... Try to put your car in its ideal environment."

Uhhh... so I should take pics of my rat in a scrap yard or with a inch of dust on it in a collapsing barn? [ddd I thought my Olds looked right at home in weeds. :D

I thought my Olds looked right at home in weeds. :D

Sam,
Take that stuff with a grain of salt! Your car looked awesome in the weeds!!! I've seen lots of cars in the grass in tons of mags... some hit the mark... some didn't! :eek:

BoB

Very cool Tripper!

On how to take mag photos (from the link)....
"Grazing, or Driving?
...One of the most common problems I see with photos sent in by readers is a car on grass. .... Try to put your car in its ideal environment."

Uhhh... so I should take pics of my rat in a scrap yard or with a inch of dust on it in a collapsing barn? [ddd I thought my Olds looked right at home in weeds. :D
In a bunch of hay, it'd look like a rats nest [ddd

Latest posts

Back