Fore! Golf cart to mini rod #2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
attachment.php

[cl [cl [cl [cl [cl

Came home from a show today and thought I'd pose the Hennway with it for a size comparison. Though the Hennway is extra wide and long, it does put some perspective on the size of the kart which is 10 ft. long, 56" wide at the outside of the rear tires.

Attachments

• DSC01484.jpg
    DSC01484.jpg
    125.6 KB · Views: 113
  • DSC01483.jpg
    DSC01483.jpg
    105 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC01482.jpg
    DSC01482.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 91
looking great zz

1 question for you, out of all the rods you built and sold, what keeps you hanging on to the hennway?

That is a super cool little machine. I still don't know how you do it without a fully equipped metal forming shop.

That is a super cool little machine. I still don't know how you do it without a fully equipped metal forming shop.

bob.. I am right there with you wondering how he does such amazing work in his garage...crazy!

Im thinking you should just through a motorcycle engine in there and tear up the streets, it would get great gas mileage... way cooler than a smart car!

looking great zz

1 question for you, out of all the rods you built and sold, what keeps you hanging on to the hennway?

Well, from the start it was built purely as a personal project, so I wasn't looking to appeal to any particular buyer demographic, just started with an idea and it grew from there.
Original plan was to use it for work and paint it flat black, that's why it's a fully capable 1/2 ton pickup under all that shiny stuff. Problem was that my wife got excited and started picking paint colors and interior materials, more shiny trim went on etc. Basically she struck the nerve that makes me unable to leave well enough alone.........:rolleyes:
It still makes me smile every time I turn the key and the rat motor barks to life, don't see that changing anytime soon :D

Attachments

• july 10 11 golf cart 004z.jpg
    july 10 11 golf cart 004z.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 105
Any updates? My nightly routine has been broken now that there's not regular updates.

Yeah, what happened ??:confused:
Running around with wife's errands and general life stuff. Took it to the upholsterer to give him an idea of what I wanted done, then got to the job of blowing it apart. Finished up the underside welding and got it mounted on the dolly today to start the bodywork. Lots of warbles in the side panels to work out, gonna need some help from the 'ol body man in a can, Mr. Bondo :rolleyes:.

Attachments

• DSC01488.jpg
    DSC01488.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 91
  • DSC01487.jpg
    DSC01487.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 99
Wow, that is super cool. I was excited to see the thread because I'm building something very simular, but after reading the thread, I see mines not anywhere near the cool this one is. your fab work is amazing! [dr

Very nice. where is the wrinkle farm you spoke of? I'm still laughing about that.

I find that it helps to have a sense of humor about aging as the years fly by and we all eventually become one of the old fuddy duddys stopping the shopping cart sideways in the supermarket aisle while pondering the meaning of life.... W.C. Fields nailed it, calling it " The Bunion Steeplechase "
Wrinkle farm, wrinkle ranch, raisin ranch, fossil farm, some of the other terms I've heard for the old fart villages in Yuma Az. At a car show, I overheard someone refer to the old guys as Q-Tips (white hair, white shoes..) - I had to laugh until I walked past a mirror.... :(.

Latest posts

Back