Fore! Golf cart to mini rod #2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Work as straight as yours deserves black. I like it. [cl

Not without its problems though, some wicked orange peel to sand out and a couple hideous runs........ who said life was easy.

My painter buddy says, "Too much is better than not enough."

My wife says, "Too fat to wear white."

Maybe the other way 'round, but they're both right. :D

In the end, you are doing all the work... and you should decide.

Hahaha...oh you're killin me...hahaha! [cl

Mine says "Honey, all your friends are out driving their hot rods. Why don't you get a zip loc bag, pick up all the parts for yours and join them!" and then walks off laughing! [ddd

I like black. always have. Always will. Looks good!

In the end, you are doing all the work... and you should decide*. She will probably change her mind again.

Your creation will look good what ever color you decide on. Personally I think off-white and black are both better choices than gold.

* Full disclosure, this idea of "he who does the work, gets to make the decisions" has gotten me in to trouble many times.

Yeah! I learned a long time ago - A happy wife is a happy life....

Back in black
I hit the sack
It's been too long I'm glad to be back
Yes I'm, let loose
From the noose

Ok so your wife is in charge of the noose:D The black does look kill.

Thanks again guys.
Well, it's been a whole day and she still likes it in black :D
Black is beautiful baby !
Couple days of color sanding and polishing to do then I can mount the windshield and top irons so it can go to upholstery next week, still going with the dark brown top and interior, think it will go good with the black too.
While it's there I'll get the frame and chassis finished up and painted - well, that's the plan ....

Attachments

• DSC01511.jpg
    DSC01511.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC01513.jpg
    DSC01513.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 43
  • DSC01514.jpg
    DSC01514.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 52
Hi zzrodder. I vote black too, it's my favorite. I saw your Henaway truck in the hodrod magazine and it stuck in my memory as the best built truck. Now, you've gone and done another beauty proving you are not a 'one hit wonder' but a great artist. Keep up the good work, and don't wander off and take up golfing, when you should be building.
Keep on tinkering.

Last edited:
Make sure she is happy with the top and interior color before going to upholstery. Not as cheap and easy to change after the fact as paint. Beautiful job!

ZZ....even a saddle brown would like killer...

Thanks again guys.
Well, it's been a whole day and she still likes it in black :D
Black is beautiful baby !
Couple days of color sanding and polishing to do then I can mount the windshield and top irons so it can go to upholstery next week, still going with the dark brown top and interior, think it will go good with the black too.
While it's there I'll get the frame and chassis finished up and painted - well, that's the plan ....

The combo should be really nice ......great project...[cl :D

Had a productive day on the body sanding and buffing, mounted the window and top irons and pushed it out for some sunny pics - hard to get good pics of a black car in a dark garage. The window frame and top bows etc., are just lightly polished plain steel with a clearcoat, chrome was just too over the top, probably well over $1000.00. :eek:

Attachments

• DSC01522.jpg
    DSC01522.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 86
  • DSC01518.jpg
    DSC01518.jpg
    157.5 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01517.jpg
    DSC01517.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 83
good lord you do some good work!!! This whole project gets me goin! You haven't been working on it that long and there it sits looking nearly done!

Beautiful build. I am looking forward to how you do the top. I need to put some kind of top on mine since the top was cut off 45 years ago. Keep up the good work and great pictures.

Painting is done at last. Finished the cleanup of the parts yesterday and got them primed, today I shot the silver base coat and clear topcoat. Next couple of days will be the real fun, putting things together.

Attachments

• DSC01551.jpg
    DSC01551.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 53
  • DSC01554.jpg
    DSC01554.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSC01555.jpg
    DSC01555.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 52
  • DSC01552.jpg
    DSC01552.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 50
That is way to cool makes me wanna start golfing. Just so I can tear threw the golf course raising hell chasing the little white ball. You should really think about marketing that thing bet they would sell faster than you could make them.

Latest posts

Back