Fore! Golf cart to mini rod #2

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I'd just like to say that it's a great thing going here at RRR where a build like this 'cart' is accepted even though it totally doesn't conform to the whole rat rod style, with things like shiny paint etc. (not to mention the fact it's not even an actual "car" !!)

Here's a couple more pics..

Attachments

• DSC01584.jpg
    DSC01584.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSC01585.jpg
    DSC01585.jpg
    105.4 KB · Views: 75
  • DSC01586.jpg
    DSC01586.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 67
All of us here are what you might call....

Totally Non Conformists......:D build on.....we can appreciate the work time and effort of any build.....:D

Close to getting done, lots of buffing to do yet, floor mats to make and bunch of little stuff, but it's looking kinda ready to roll.

Attachments

• DSC01595.jpg
    DSC01595.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC01597.jpg
    DSC01597.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 79
  • DSC01599.jpg
    DSC01599.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC01610.jpg
    DSC01610.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 73
Thanks everyone for the kind words.
I'd just like to say that it's a great thing going here at RRR where a build like this 'cart' is accepted even though it totally doesn't conform to the whole rat rod style, with things like shiny paint etc. (not to mention the fact it's not even an actual "car" !!)

Here's a couple more pics..

You say that like we care about the shiny paint and that its not even a car.... We have build threads on here for houses and shops and crap!!!

Anyway this thing is awesome!!!! Too bad ya didn't put the batteries in the front..... Then ya coulda been doin some nice smokey burnouts!!!

I've been watching this build (and all your builds for that matter) from the begining and I am yet again speachless. What an utterly cool creation. Your sense of proportion and style is exceptional to say the least. Thanks for sharing. [cl[cl[cl

most custom golf carts look just like a golf cart! but yours looks like a 3/4 size real hot rod

My thoughts exactly regarding custom golf carts - you can dress up a pig but it's still a pig....
My solution was to just toss the body and frame and start fresh. Moving the batteries back to lower the seating position and using real size car tires and wheels is also crucial to get the look.
After that it's just a matter of studying how a real hot rod looks and building a body and frame.........:rolleyes: - you know, simple :D
OK, I've built a few bodies before but it's not much different than building a house - if you've only built a garden shed kit, building a whole house seems so far out of reach but if you dive in and stick to a plan, wonderful things can be accomplished.
(or a pile of kindling...:()

Attachments

• DSC01593.jpg
    DSC01593.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 90
  • DSC01598.jpg
    DSC01598.jpg
    160.3 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC01601.jpg
    DSC01601.jpg
    108.9 KB · Views: 77
  • DSC01611.jpg
    DSC01611.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 70
I would be SOOO proud to drive that around!!! And that is good advice for building. I tell people all the time that it is a matter of trying. If you never try, you will never know what you are capable of. I know my Dodge isn't the greatest, but I have tried like hell on it. It has turned out nothing like your kart, but it is mine and I am proud of it because I tried.

Anyways, amazing work!!! Now.......... can I have it?? :D

My thoughts exactly regarding custom golf carts - you can dress up a pig but it's still a pig....
My solution was to just toss the body and frame and start fresh. Moving the batteries back to lower the seating position and using real size car tires and wheels is also crucial to get the look.
After that it's just a matter of studying how a real hot rod looks and building a body and frame.........:rolleyes: - you know, simple :D
OK, I've built a few bodies before but it's not much different than building a house - if you've only built a garden shed kit, building a whole house seems so far out of reach but if you dive in and stick to a plan, wonderful things can be accomplished.
(or a pile of kindling...:()

We were just at North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove) this past week and they have so many golf carts buzzing around that they have made them street legal. You could start a VERY lucrative business building these for that type of clientele. There were some folks who have dropped some serious coin on those (and they STILL look like a golf cart). Just a suggestion.

We were just at North Myrtle Beach (Cherry Grove) this past week and they have so many golf carts buzzing around that they have made them street legal. You could start a VERY lucrative business building these for that type of clientele. There were some folks who have dropped some serious coin on those (and they STILL look like a golf cart). Just a suggestion.

Oh, I know there are people out there who would pay decent coin for a cart like this but then it would be a job and I'd be dancing to someone elses tune, and it would take all the fun out of it....

Made the glove box lid and cut up a rubber exercise equipment mat for a floor mat and trunk mat.

Attachments

• DSC01621.jpg
    DSC01621.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 63
  • DSC01624.jpg
    DSC01624.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC01625.jpg
    DSC01625.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 66
  • DSC01628.jpg
    DSC01628.jpg