fresh thinking photos

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Flat Head Trike

This winter I am converting my Harley into a trike, as my legs are not working to good anymore. Riding more than a few miles they go to sleep...goings Ok, stopping and staying up is spooky. I built a number of trikes in the 60s and 70s. getting on the internet to see how trikes have changed over the years I came across this trike, thought all you Flat Head guys would enjoy.....a lot on u-Tube under Flat Head Trike if your interested....Enjoy the pics[P

The last picture is a different trike but still Flat Head

Attachments

• Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike.jpg
    Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike.jpg
    123.8 KB · Views: 195
  • Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike-2.jpg
    Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike-2.jpg
    56.1 KB · Views: 194
  • Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike-31.jpg
    Ford-Flathead-V8-powered-trike-31.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 193
  • 4542929763_1516f6cf5f_z.jpg
    4542929763_1516f6cf5f_z.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 163
  • RETROREB.JPG
    RETROREB.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 183
I like the last pic![cl Good luck with your build..Keep us posted on your progress and remember to ride like EVERYONE is out to get ya!:D

Thanks CR55 get my new camera and I will post Pic's
I've been ridding Harley's for over 50 years and the main thought when I get on is everyone is looking to run me over:eek:. I have been lucky only been down a few times, had a some close calls. once in Hawaii I was ridding with 6 friends we stopped at a light, they were is the right lane and I was in the left lane behind a car. one guy said "Get over here with us" I rolled over over into the right lane just as a guy drunk and speeding slammed in the back of the car I was behind. that was about 1964 and I remember it like yesterday.

I like the lizzard alot ... wish I could make one just like it .. I love the way it looks ..:) I know a rat is supposed to look different from others but thats cool

I'm not sure how relevant this is in the US, but it works in Australia...

Take some dirty old Toyota Landcruiser/Hilux split rims - these came on "poverty pack" Toyota 4x4's from the 60's through to the late 90's and are pretty much free over here:

Strip the old 4x4 tyres off them, clean them up and paint them in your choice of coating:

And you've got a nice looking tall, skinny wheel for your vintage tyres:

They're 16x5.5 which works well for 6.00-16 and 6.50-16 bias tyres.
They run a 6x5.5" pattern which opens up a whole world of cool, light truck running gear for use over here. I am building around a cool little double wishbone, rack + pinion, coil sprung front out of a little Isuzu truck and a rear end out of a Ford 1-tonne trayback ute.
Rear was free, front was $50 and it's all very stout stuff.

[url]http://s1282.photobucket.com/user/millergke/media/tripower_zpse31b0bc0.jpg.html[/url] [img]

[QUOTE="jfg455, post: 352915, member: 6140"]AND missing the top center runner bolt too!:D

Those intakes were never ment to flow a wet mixture. We had a heck of a time on one we turbo'ed getting the methanol to flow into the runners evenly. #2 cylinder would run lean compared to the others and #7 would run richer than the others...[S[/QUOTE]

if you look very closely in the gap between the carbs you can see a rod connecting the end carbs on the passenger side.

Latest posts

Back