Gas Chimp Garage morons are proving once again how bogus they are!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We don't own a TV. Cut our cable in 96 cause we were tired of the BS. Now, the only time we see tv is when we go on vacation or we are at a friends house. It's amazing to me what gets put on TV and that we as a society actually waste our time watching this junk.

I am a walking dead fan, also I watch Duck Dynasty..besides that I record all the spike tv shows on the weekend,
hotrod
muscle car
trucks
and extreme 4x4
I do watch the cheesy shows like gas monkey..yeah they are really retarded most of the time, one thing is its a local show to me so that helps the other is the fact it's a car show, I try to watch as many car shows as I can..
If I had it my way I would only watch car shows and movies religiously..perfect TV in my world cheesy or not..
besides sometimes even the cheesy shows you might pick up on something and when they have a stupid problem I know how to fix I have fun telling the TV what kinda idiots they are :D
I like to be open minded and like what was said before, take them for what they are..a show produced by a company or ppl that don't know crapola.. about cars really.
Still my gearhead makes me watch :cool:

Last edited:
I record them and FF through all the garbage and look at the cars. They are almost as bad as Orange County Choppers.

Honestly, I watch a number of these shows

just to see what kind of crap they will come up with next....I do record the powerblock stuff on Sat and most of it isn't too crazy......but then again they spend money on stuff like it was coming out their ears....3000 dollar rear ends, 2500 dollar brake set ups....the suspension stuff money alone is more that I've got invested in my truck with the price I paid included...but have to admit I do watch this stuff out of curiosity.....Normally after I get out of work and unwinding from the days series of events at work..... :D

it is reality !

last weekend i sold my galaxie at a loss and drove my newer model ford with trailer up to michigan, bought a '63 ford that looks great but needs a lot of metal work, and trailered it back to the shop. i drove fast and had a bunch of great one liners, just ask my wife. My family enjoys Fast and Loud , but we watch t.v. because we want to laugh not confirm our reality.

I see it happen to a lot of shows.............the show will start off not too bad and after a while the Producers start thinking they need to kick it up a notch by adding drama and silliness to make it more entertaining.

Perfect examples are American Hot Rod and, more recently, American Restoration. Boyd's show started off as a pretty watchable show where you could get to see some very talented people create high dollar cars. It eventually degraded into boxing matches in the shop between Boo Bear and who knows who, and also that brainless black guy and his dumb stunts. Same with American Restoration. Early shows weren't bad at all, but now all they feature are stupid stuff and scripted plots.

Even the first shows of Operation Repo were kinda entertaining because they were going out on repossessions that seemed somewhat real. Now every repo they go out on a circus is in town and they are repossessing the clown car. :rolleyes: Thank God for Hot Rod TV and other shows like Pass Time (which I hear is coming back).

Don

Don

Sid and Marty Croft and the gong show had stuff that was better than some of what's on TV today

Who still goes for some Steve Austin or A team?

as a film buff i have well over 1000 movies to watch and am constantly adding to my collection.
a while back i upgraded my home theater to include a 72" tv and a 240 watt yamaha amp with a mixture of bose and paradigm speakers as well as the obligatory kick-butt subwoofer.
i simply have no need for television.
some folks dont like to watch a film more than once.
i think of them as like music.
and can enjoy them again and again.
i could watch a different one every night for almost 2 years.[cl

Sid and Marty Croft and the gong show had stuff that was better than some of what's on TV today

Who still goes for some Steve Austin or A team?

I'm still disappointed no one has made a Six Million Dollar Man movie. (well, maybe updated to 6 billion, 6 million wouldn't get you much more than a bionic toe these days)

That's the good thing about truckin', I miss most of the BS on TV! :D The wife likes stuff like Law and Order and NCIS ,Forensic Files, that kind of stuff. I'll catch one every now and then. When the baby boy was alive, he knew when every car show was on, new or repeat. I watched a lot of them with him. Now, I couldn't start to tell you when any of them are on. I'm either on the computer or sleeping. Warm weather will find me outside until after dark on my off days.

as a film buff i have well over 1000 movies to watch and am constantly adding to my collection.
a while back i upgraded my home theater to include a 72" tv and a 240 watt yamaha amp with a mixture of bose and paradigm speakers as well as the obligatory kick-butt subwoofer.
i simply have no need for television.
some folks dont like to watch a film more than once.
i think of them as like music.
and can enjoy them again and again.
i could watch a different one every night for almost 2 years.[cl

Hey billy. I found a hi res copy of Bukaroo Banzai
I check it out every once and a while.
I think I must have seen Josey Wales like 50 times over the years
It IS nice to go back and re experience an old favorite flick

2 guys a hang out with love these clowns. Course they watch Barret Jackson too. :rolleyes:
We just got a new station that is like an oldies tv station. Back when tv shows had real actors. Im diggin it

Latest posts

Back