getting into the ratting game

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend found this place called Last Refuge Hotrods. The website is: http://www.lastrefugehotrod.com/

You can get a roadster pickup kit (body, bed, tailgate, modeal A frame) for about $5000. It's steel, too. I think the '32 frame upgrade is an additional $500. Check them out.

Ok since your down under here is a place fairly close to you in Australia.

www.roadsterute.com

Makes 28/29 Steel Pick Up Cabs.
There is also Vintage Ford in the US ,but shipping would be a bugger.

brand new is bloody dare (steel) fiberglass to but nice, anyone with contacts as getting a original, barnyard find etc

Thats life these days,everyone wants to get rich quick and stuff is way overpriced in my opinion,but what do I know. If you want used look on ebay, or there are several places on the internet that have a stash of model a stuff one is www.rufusranch.com
But your shipping will cost a bit, the person selling would have to agree to crate the cab and drop it off somewhere for shipping.I would think your looking at a thousand bucks or so to ship one,maybe more.

I met a guy last year that was going to build a 28/29 cab. He had a cowl and doors from a coupe or 2-door and was going to buy the cab corners and back pieces from Howell. Since the pickup doors are taller he was going to cut down the new pieces to match up with his doors and cowl.

The 28/29 truck cabs bring pretty good money if they are in decent shape. I found 2 out west last year and brought them back to TN.

Latest posts

Back