h.a.m.

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The HAMB is a "Traditional Hot Rod" site 40$$$-50$$-60$ type hot rods. Lots of good info. High strung, stressed out people!

Boy and do they love Rat Rods! [ddd [ddd [ddd

You know the only reason they don't like rat rods is that no one pays attention to their over priced car when a rat rod is around. Ha ha [cl [cl[cl

Keith

What I don't get is the line between a Traditional, Traditional Type, and Rat Rod is so blurred they pretty much look the same. Except the Traditional spent years and lots o' money to get the look he wanted and the Rat Rod was built in less than a year with just a small amount of money. I think that's what ****es them off. Doesn't bother me I like both!

What I don't get is the line between a Traditional, Traditional Type, and Rat Rod is so blurred they pretty much look the same. Except the Traditional spent years and lots o' money to get the look he wanted and the Rat Rod was built in less than a year with just a small amount of money. I think that's what ****es them off. Doesn't bother me I like both!

That whole traditional thing really makes me laugh, what a joke! Not much hacks me off except being out of beer, then you'll really see an old fart Texas boy get mad! :eek:

Beercan

"Hi. I just joined the HAMB. I just sold my street rod and i'm going to build a rat rod out of my all original '32 ford coupe. How do i get the patina look?".

"Hi. I just joined the HAMB. I just sold my street rod and i'm going to build a rat rod out of my all original '32 ford coupe. How do i get the patina look?".

That would be a good question to ask the H.A.M.B. guys.....[cl
No not rally I wouldnt do that to ya!

There's a thousands ways to get patina. All work to a varying degree. There's no use in telling you how to do it because your gonna get a thousand ways to do it from others here.

What I will say is start with freshly exposed bare metal and something to oxidize it.

Good luck!

T1

Ya know it's usually considered bad internet manners to send someone to a 'competing' forum, but then again, they have boosted RRR's membership quite a bit. :)

Even with some of the negatives about the HAMB, I have made a lot of good friends there over the years and there is a wealth of information there if you just keep your head and don't let stuff bother you. And what ever you do don't mention the words ratrod and don't even think of talking about VW beetles.lol.
Some of those guys are building righteous rods. Dirty31 (Rusty) hammers out some stuff that would make anyone drool, whether you call them traditional or if it was one of us they would be ratrods. He had a car a few years ago I would trade a limb for. It was a period 60s drag car, 38 Ford standard coupe, and he left all the faded drag strip paint job on it. 421 Pont, 3 dueces, 4 speed.
There are also some older dudes on there theat know flatties inside out (like Tardell and Bishop) Sometimes celebs pop in and out, like Jesse James. Boyd Coddington's wife came on for a while after he died and she was a sweet lady. Very gracious.
Place ain't for the thin skinned, but most of the negative vibes don't come from the real rodders, just from the keyboard tough guys.

Hey Willowbilly - I gotta agree - the HAMB has a lot of good. Most of us here realize that. I know many of those guys even own rats. I do like to poke fun though... some good natured us vs. them. Figure it wouldn't be what it is if they let every ratter, street rodder, and ricer stay.

"Hey Im new to the Hamb too. There are some really cool rat rods on here! Here's a picture of my Honda:"

:D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back