Help a kid out

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks.
Seems like interest is fading in this project.
I really appreciate every one that has helped out.

My dad somehow acquired a personalized Alabama plate with a HAM Radio callsign on it, he was going to throw it out yesterday but I can grab it if you want it. The ride down there might be costly though.

Scuze me for being a butthead but shouldn't a kid collecting something involve more effort than just asking gramps and then everyone just mails them all to you while you sit back and watch them roll in? For me there's just something wrong with the lesson there. I thought part of the fun of a collection was getting out and doing it. Why not take him to a junkyard with some tools and let him find his own. Much more rewarding I'd think.
My license plate dealer friend was here yesterday. He started at 9 years old and has been at it over 50 years. He is now one of the largest dealers in the country, has been president of ALPCA and hosted the national convention. He has estimated over a million plates.

going to the junk yard isnt going to get him all the states,,, It may get him 2 if lucky ,, I see no better solution if he wants all the states ,, this is the perfect place to ask for them (Just my 2 cents ) and I know what you are trying to say but he will have time to do other stuff .. It would take him a life time to get his plates all by himself .

Last edited:
Scuze me for being a butthead but shouldn't a kid collecting something involve more effort than just asking gramps and then everyone just mails them all to you while you sit back and watch them roll in? For me there's just something wrong with the lesson there. I thought part of the fun of a collection was getting out and doing it. Why not take him to a junkyard with some tools and let him find his own. Much more rewarding I'd think.
My license plate dealer friend was here yesterday. He started at 9 years old and has been at it over 50 years. He is now one of the largest dealers in the country, has been president of ALPCA and hosted the national convention. He has estimated over a million plates.

I guess the only thing I've got to say to this is We will just have to disagree on this subject and leave it at that.

Up date on list

Arkansas, Connecticut, Delaware, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Kansas, Louisiana,
Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana. Nebraska,
New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, North Carolina, Ohio, Oregon,
Pennsylvania, Puerto Rico, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, and Wyoming.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

Roger Harrison
PO Box 39
Tome, NM 87060

Caleb was over here today and he is stoked.
I showed him this thread and he said "You have a lot of friends".
I explained what this site is all about and he wants to join.
Maybe when we start on his rat rod his mom will let him. Is there a age
limit on the bottom side?

[S[S[S[S

while i can see willows point
we have to keep in mind that this is an 11 year old kid.
maybe we can leave the easier ones for him to get on his own
new mexico,utah,colo,az stuff like that.
if he was a 35 year old man i might think
let him find his own.
but actually i would probably help a grown up too.
and what the heck
it is fun![cl

i will keep my eyes peeled for wyo and ne

while i can see willows point
we have to keep in mind that this is an 11 year old kid.
maybe we can leave the easier ones for him to get on his own
new mexico,utah,colo,az stuff like that.
if he was a 35 year old man i might think
let him find his own.
but actually i would probably help a grown up too.
and what the heck
it is fun![cl

i will keep my eyes peeled for wyo and ne

Thanks Billy,
He had New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Nevada, Arizona, and Hawaii
when he asked me to help him.

Pops he done good then I only new of one fella on here from Hawaii and I dont even know if he is still on here ..[S (which I dont know every one on here ) just this little group thats been popping up :D

Latest posts

Back