Help with a party...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fiki

Ok guys, little O/T but thats what BS is for:)

My girlfriend is a manager in one local bar and she is throwing a theme party next weekend...it will be kinda 40's, 50's rockabilly party.
Now..any of You guys have some advice since we dont live in states and dont have any info on that stuff...
What did that period partys look like, food, drink, something specific for that period, music, interior design, decoration, anything that You can think of will be helpfull...its her 1st party as manager and it needs to be good! ;)
Thanks!

I was just a little kid in the early 60s but when I went to the pool hall with my dad I remember all the cool young dudes were showing about 3 inches of butt-crack when they set on the bar stool. Most bars were pretty dingey then tho so I can't remember any good deco. Oh yeah, I do remember the cool Hamms beer signs that had the moving waterfall and the bears, then there was the 2 fishermen on the Grainbelt beer signs too. I think the Hamm's ones are big $$ if you can find one tho.
Lots of the old signs from back then had the tilted matini glasses with bubbles.

rockabilly party!

I have worked in hospitality for 13 years and the most important thing about theme functions is instant impact.A person walks past a shovelhead bobber bike into the bar and there is no tables and chairs just couches,there's a band in the corner and a dance floor big enough for twenty people, all the staff are in theme dress, the lights are low, the music is loud and the beer is cold, its rockabilly time!. I highly recommend you invite a local HotRod Club to do a show and shine outside.All of the food should be finger food, have 2-3 staff to carry trays of food.As far as the bar goes keep the choice simple, five beers- 3 heavy, 2 light. House wines- white,red and sparkling. Basic spirits and most important 3 theme cocktails - 2 alcoholic, 1 non-alcoholic. As I mentioned before no tables and chairs only couches, low tables and tall floor lamps. Goodluck with everything any questions email me [email protected]

Attachments

• Rockabilly514.jpg
    Rockabilly514.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 15
Tnx for the tips...ill be sure to hire a few guys to show their cracks around the bar:D
No, rly, tnx for the help...ill pass the ideas to my girlfriend...if anything else comes to your minds, just share it;)

Latest posts

Back