history needed! hollywood fla. drags

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

theracedude

this 1940 gmc long bed truck ran at hollywood drags in fla in the 70-80. it was owned at some point by "miami auto parts". at some point it said "herculous quality paints" on the doors. the guy that last owned it wont reply to my calls. i want any info or pics on it. we want to restore it to its yesterday look. thanks, randy

Attachments

• 1940 gmc2.jpg
    1940 gmc2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 1940.JPG
    1940.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 1940 gmc.jpg
    1940 gmc.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 18
I have seen it before back in the late 70's at the now defunct Miami/Hollywood drag strip. I don't have any pics but I know some people that may have some info. I'll check in with them and let ya know what they say.

BTW - Racedude, you said that you have a friend in Pompano Beach who is building a 34 Ford. Whereabouts? I'm in the Pompano area.

man if you can find some info on it that would be sweet. the truck lives in pompano. he lives one block off mcnab rd. 1/2 mile off powerline. he works at rsi of fla, its a roofing co. find a pic of that 40 gmc and we will owe you for sure...thanks, randy

man if you can find some info on it that would be sweet. the truck lives in pompano. he lives one block off mcnab rd. 1/2 mile off powerline. he works at rsi of fla, its a roofing co. find a pic of that 40 gmc and we will owe you for sure...thanks, randy

I sent him an email. I'm waiting for a response.

Update

this 1940 gmc long bed truck ran at hollywood drags in fla in the 70-80. it was owned at some point by "miami auto parts". at some point it said "herculous quality paints" on the doors. the guy that last owned it wont reply to my calls. i want any info or pics on it. we want to restore it to its yesterday look. thanks, randy

At one time in life the doors had a sign painted on them that said "QUALITY AUTO BODY" and HERULEAN. its very hard to read. any help? Thanks, Randy

Latest posts

Back