Hold my beer, another redneck from Alabama

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chickenlegs

Well it seems I’m a modiholic, and while I’ve yet to find a support group for this behavior it seems the only thing to do is modify most anything of interest, especially if it burns fuel. The biggest problem would be attention span or lack of to see the long term projects thru, but I’m working on it, little by little, which brings me to my biggest project to date; building a rod out of a family heirloom. This car was originally my great-grandparents and was given to me in 06. At that time I tore into it, and had no idea of the work this thing would turn into, as this is my first build. Six years later its a rolling chassis with a running motor but I still have lots of finish work to do such as framing out the interior and inner doors to replace the wood.

Affectionately named the heirloom headache, my 1928 Hupmobile Century Six, Model A:
hup1ie1.jpg

dsc0083640x480.jpg

2092gkm.jpg

For employment I work as a mime in a school for the blind. On a serious note Im a fabricator so help me get motivated and finish this car. Hold my beer.

Welcome from OKLA. Looks like you are off to a great start. Just do a little each day. Planning is the key. Set up small portions and get that one done, mark it off, and start the next portion. I have numerous projects and must keep a plan on each or I run in circles it seems. Just my $.02
Keep us informed.
Maybe take a pic or two on each portion and that will keep us up to date, and give you a marking spot on the old planner.

Welcome from Salem, 1/2 way between Auburn/Opelika & Phenix City. Always good motivation to have a piece of family history as your project. Keep us posted on your progress. [P

For employment I work as a mime in a school for the blind.

We are a very serious bunch here and don't take to sarcasm. A comment like that will anger my students where I work at the Academy of Piano Tuning for Deaf Amputies! [cl

Welcome to the RRR!

Welcome to RRR! Start a build thread, keeping us updated will help keep you motivated. Me - I'd get the drivetrain and chassis finished to get it on the road. Body work can come later. I work on 'em in the winter and drive 'em in the summer. Even if that means tearing it all back apart next winter.

Welcome to RRR, I think you'll find it a much friendlier place than that other site.. :)
I'm with the other guys, get a build thread going on your Hup, looks like it'll make a great rod.

Latest posts

Back