home made white walls

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Orange would probably look pretty cool. I have a buddy with a 68 Chevy pickup with wide whitewalls and orange rims. It looks great and I bet your Ford would too!

Thunder1

Very nice truck & the WWW's are gonna look killer, I vote for bright orange as I'm @ this very moment painting a set of rims I picked up today, part flat black & the centers HD orange. Problem id these were chrome wheels and will probably peel/flake like a mo fo.

I too have tried the "Rattle Can White Walls"...what I did was sprayed them with Kilz stain blocker...about 3 or 4 coats and then sprayed them with Krylon...yes they cracked, but they still look good from about 10 feet away...if you want a show car with show car quality WWW's, then pay for them...I'm happy with mine. Here's a pic of how mine turned out...this is after a 2 hour drive in the rain...It's the green Poncho in front by the way.

Attachments

• IMG_0014a.jpg
    IMG_0014a.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 37
I painted my buddys bobber that i built with some elastrometric roofing paint.
It was pretty white the first month. Almost too white for my taste. Now, a year later, the oils started coming through. I actually like the patina look being that its on a bobber.
Heres before and now. Obviously the build hasnt finished :)
Wish he would get off his rear :p

Attachments

• jrsbike.jpg
    jrsbike.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 28
  • jrs bike2.jpg
    jrs bike2.jpg
    109.4 KB · Views: 26
  • jrs bike3.jpg
    jrs bike3.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 27
  • jrs bike4.jpg
    jrs bike4.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 26
I'm just wondering, How much time have you spent cleaning, sanding and painting these tires? then the ordering "tire paint", then ordering one tire and the shipping charges for all? Your time has to be of some value!
I thank you sir, because after reading what your going through. I'll will cut to the chase and purchase the www for the look I want. Sorry to hear about the problems your faced with, but if anything you've helped at least one get on the right path!

Attachments

• DSCI0006.jpg
    DSCI0006.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 21

Latest posts

Back