hot wheels and other type collectable stuff

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
l started seriously collecting 1/64 and some bigger vehicles and other
memorablia after my work ending injury.

l am posting some pic of part of the ''DUST COLLECTOR'S'' in the den.

the yellow license plate is from the movie of Shirley Muldowny '' Heart Like A Wheel'' when they filmed in Olympia, Washington in 1982. several friends cars and trucks were shown driving around in the background and the 4-door dodge the was ''Connie colletta's"" belong to the local speed shop owner.

l also pulled some of mine and dad's trophy's from when we raced, some in the den and a few in the shop.

the dairy delivery hot wheels l customize, differant paint, wheels and tires, decals and some body mods. a few other car/trucks that l had doubles of or old ones l got just to customize are mixed in with the mess on the wall[ddev.

l also have a bunch of car/sport related non-vehicle things.

LETS SEE SOME OF YOUR'E ''DUST COLLECTOR'S''[P:D[cl

Later:cool:

Attachments

• lucky eagle 026.jpg
    lucky eagle 026.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 25
  • lucky eagle 017.jpg
    lucky eagle 017.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 19
  • lucky eagle 016.jpg
    lucky eagle 016.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 21
  • hot wheels in den 007.jpg
    hot wheels in den 007.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 25
  • hot wheels in den 008.jpg
    hot wheels in den 008.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 17
  • lucky eagle 029.jpg
    lucky eagle 029.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 11
  • lucky eagle 027.jpg
    lucky eagle 027.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:
i thought i had a lot of hot wheels. i'm starting to collect old tools, partly because i need tools and partly because i like the old stuff quite a bit. a lot of them just feel different. got a turner (?) gas blowtorch that needs a few small parts. lots of plombs, an old craftsman toolbox i'm cleaning up. quite a few little things. i like lighters and knives too. i'd put some pictures up but my sets are small.

Nice collection for sure. Wish I still had all the Hot Wheels I had when I was a kid. I could retire.
I started collecting NASCAR collectables back in the late '80s hoping they'd be worth something in 20yrs. Well most of them didn't gain much value so I gave them to my nephews to enjoy.

i thought i had a lot of hot wheels. i'm starting to collect old tools, partly because i need tools and partly because i like the old stuff quite a bit. a lot of them just feel different. got a turner (?) gas blowtorch that needs a few small parts. lots of plombs, an old craftsman toolbox i'm cleaning up. quite a few little things. i like lighters and knives too. i'd put some pictures up but my sets are small.

post'em,,,,,wee'd like to see some old time tools[;)

Later[cl

Had a customer that buys and sells Hot Wheels turn me on to something I didn't know- there are a dozen cars that are limited editions, they are called Treasure Hunts. I'm now hooked, everytime I go into a store that carries Hot Wheels I'm looking for 'em. Found two so far....

here are a few, late 40's plomb 1/2 dr ratchet, mid 30's new britain breaker bar/extension, gasoline blowtorch, the toolbox i'm working on. i'll put up a few more in a little while.
couple more, craftsman jigsaw, devillbiss spray gun (being rebuilt), old oil injection unit for air lines.

Attachments

• IMG_3477.jpg
    IMG_3477.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3479.jpg
    IMG_3479.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3478.jpg
    IMG_3478.jpg
    152.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3475.jpg
    IMG_3475.jpg
    137.3 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3474.jpg
    IMG_3474.jpg
    141.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3480.jpg
    IMG_3480.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_3482.jpg
    IMG_3482.jpg
    128.6 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_3483.jpg
    IMG_3483.jpg
    123.5 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I used to collect stuff, then I finally figured out what I really liked best was finding it. So now I call mine a revolving collection and make money acquiring and reselling. We junk "curators" have a thing we call honeymooning. When we get something new we like to keep it around for a while before it moves on.

here are a few, late 40's plomb 1/2 dr ratchet, mid 30's new britain breaker bar/extension, gasoline blowtorch, the toolbox i'm working on. i'll put up a few more in a little while.
couple more, craftsman jigsaw, devillbiss spray gun (being rebuilt), old oil injection unit for air lines.

I got this old polisher. Still works too.

Attachments

• DSCF0230.jpg
    DSCF0230.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 4
  • Albertson_polisher_01.jpg
    Albertson_polisher_01.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Albertson_polisher_02.jpg
    Albertson_polisher_02.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 2
  • DSCF0228.jpg
    DSCF0228.jpg