how safe is this... flipped frame on front suspension

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy cow! He'd be better off to start with a new project than to fix that one. I thought it was all pretty bad until I got to the last picture with the coil spring, that's unbelievable. :eek:

Now I've got some really good ideas for what NOT to do on my rig.

Now I've got some really good ideas for what NOT to do on my rig.

I'm guessing that the guy that built that thing thinks he's a mechanical genius too. "This isn't hard, whats all the fuss about?" But if he keeps building cars like that he probably won't survive long enough to breed anyway [ddd I just hope he doesn't take my family out in the process!

Goes to show you.....

I'm guessing that the guy that built that thing thinks he's a mechanical genius too. "This isn't hard, whats all the fuss about?" But if he keeps building cars like that he probably won't survive long enough to breed anyway [ddd I just hope he doesn't take my family out in the process!

Can't judge a book by it's cover...... first shot looked pretty good.... then things got ugly quickly....
Makes you want to go BRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!! :eek:

That '34 Fordor is a damn shame....:mad:

Kinda makes me wonder how an Aerostar IFS would work, if properly installed... I'm thinking the 3.0 V-6/AODE would make a good choice for a small, light hotrod. Especially one with a cramped engine bay.

Bubblegum welds, exhaust pipe clamps holding springs on, and allthread hanging in thin air are NOT the way to go!!!:( The guy that "built" this thing reminds me of the original owner of our house... He had NO BUSINESS touching tools and should be castrated for the hideous results.:mad:

Hope somebody saved that '34, though.

Regards,
Shea:)

If its engineered properly, they work fine. It needs to be studied to make sure the suspension will hold up the engine with appropriate travel. Make sure the ackerman is correct as well.

Personally I do not like flip frames. I like the suspension under the frame just encase something breaks. But that my opinion.

If there done right there ok. I hate to beat up someone else car but that one you have pictured from Ebay. will never see the road. If you look the frame is maybe 2 inches off the ground and the master cylinder is also that low. The steering looks like it would not work. you get a flat you will have your hands full and maybe no brakes. Like it was said. Car like that is what make a bad name for the rat rodders.

if you want to go that way. make is safe. remember to try and keep everything above the scrub line of the car. And get opinion from guys on this site to see if what you are going to do is safe.

Latest posts

Back