hudson photos?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
photo request

1950 Hudson Commodore 6 - Hope thats the kind of photo you wanted.

Attachments

• 1950 hudson commodore.jpg
    1950 hudson commodore.jpg
    120.6 KB · Views: 21
Not all of these are actually Commodores but some of them are 4 door Commodores that were converted to 2 doors.

Commodore two door conversion

Last edited:
that 2 door is what i wanted to see. that is sweet. i haven't seen many around. i'm going to look at one in the morning. hope all goes well.

haha just messin with ya gastrick.
i got a question how would you change the tires in the rear?? i dont see a skirt on some of the custom ones.

haha just messin with ya gastrick.
i got a question how would you change the tires in the rear?? i dont see a skirt on some of the custom ones.

Yea I knew you were joking Bandit:D. If they are narrow enough and not too close to the quarter panel, the wheels will pull out from the studs and drop out. On some of my own really lowered cars with coilovers, I've had to unbolt the shocks and drop the rear down to get the tires off.

Here are couple of shots of my friends Hudson...not sure what year or if it's a commadore

In the first pic is the owner (Flo) and the builder / designer...Rick Dore. The last pic is at the Grand National Roadster Show a couple years ago....the car won the best custom...not bad

P3230176.jpg

P3230158.jpg

P3230155.jpg

P2090115.jpg

well here it is. i think i'm going to go through with this. these 2 cars(builders) for my 50 chevy custom. the hudson has solid floors, solid trunk, extra drivers and passenger fender, extra passenger quarter panel, extra hood, 51 merc grill, buick grill, camaro(i think) front clip, disc brakes, power steering(doubt it works) and all trim and seat frames. i was told the roadster cowl is a 31 essex with stretched doors and a ford rear. it is coming with an essex frame and possibly a straight axle frontend with hairpins, leaf springs, and drum brakes. my 50 has its assortments of quirks, but it is the fact that i did not build it that leaves me yearning for another car. let me know what you think, my wife already has.....three times.

Attachments

• 1hudson4.jpg
    1hudson4.jpg
    122.1 KB · Views: 27
  • 1hudson5.jpg
    1hudson5.jpg
    123 KB · Views: 13
  • 1hudson7.jpg
    1hudson7.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 1hudson.jpg
    1hudson.jpg