I hope this doesn't get me banned, but......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"My clothes might have the appearance of rich's,but beneath the clothes,we find a man....and beneath the man we find....his.....nucleus". -Nacho Libre

First of all.....

Young guys can't imagine that they will get old someday....neither did we...:D
If you had told me when I was 20 that I'd be here at 62..I would have said no way....62??? Thats OLD....like ready to die old.....hardly get around old....
but to be hooked on building cars, digging loud exhaust and cool rides...??? They just don't get it......but someday they will.....
The body gets a bit stiff....hair gets gray, and the T shirts fit looser in the arms and tighter in the middle..... but .....the heart and mind remains a hot rodder.....:D JMHO....

Great post Mike.
It's funny because that is some of the same reactions I used to get from the boating crowd when they found I was restoring wooden boats.
I think mainly it was because I didn't look like I had enough money to be doing that sort of thing. Which was usually true, of course.[cl
Torchie.

I'm not sure I really fit into the RR scene as well. I get asked what service I used to be in quite a bit - ??
Maybe it's the military hair cut [S

i had a guy at the hotel i work at approach me and say
is that your little car out there?
i go yeah .how did you know.
he says
you look like thats your car.

i dunno what that means:confused:

Young guys can't imagine that they will get old someday....neither did we...:D
If you had told me when I was 20 that I'd be here at 62..I would have said no way....62??? Thats OLD....like ready to die old.....hardly get around old....
but to be hooked on building cars, digging loud exhaust and cool rides...??? They just don't get it......but someday they will.....
The body gets a bit stiff....hair gets gray, and the T shirts fit looser in the arms and tighter in the middle..... but .....the heart and mind remains a hot rodder.....:D JMHO....

Sarge, are you saying that if we knew we'd be here this long, we'd taken care of ourselves better?:D

54 here, 16 some days, 116 on others, probably 3-4 million miles on my butt in a truck seat. Still get excited by the sound of a V8 through dual exhausts and still love the smell of burning rubber....

Yep.....you get it..

Sarge, are you saying that if we knew we'd be here this long, we'd taken care of ourselves better?:D

54 here, 16 some days, 116 on others, probably 3-4 million miles on my butt in a truck seat. Still get excited by the sound of a V8 through dual exhausts and still love the smell of burning rubber....

My wife finds it amusing that I can usually id a car and the engine by the sound of the exhaust...says it's "weird".....I call it a "gift"...lol

What's wrong with a military hair cut???

I'm not sure I really fit into the RR scene as well. I get asked what service I used to be in quite a bit - ??
Maybe it's the military hair cut [S

I've had a flat top / high and tight for 30 years.....did they go out
of style??[S :eek:

I'm missing too much hair up top for a high and tight. It would come out looking more like a hairy horse shoe looking mess.

Last edited:
Being old, Sarge.

Never thought I'd get here either, Sarge......69...yup that's old. But what are we supposed to look like? I dunno but most people look at me like I'm crazy. My 56 has a really thumpin cam and Cherry Bombs. I love it.

We do it right when one of our local guys goes to that "Great Garage in the Sky"!

We always have between 45-50 hotrods/ratrods/muscle cars/customs etc. right behind the hearse....makin noise. LOL

Lynn

Latest posts

Back