I need to move North

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country Misfit

I tell you... I get no respect!
I"m tired of the high temps down here in Ga. Its 89 today. I can't take it anymore. I need to get a summer home up north+ live in Ga. in the winter. Any of you Canada guys have a room you can rent me next summer?

I"m tired of the high temps down here in Ga. Its 89 today. I can't take it anymore. I need to get a summer home up north+ live in Ga. in the winter. Any of you Canada guys have a room you can rent me next summer?

But it's not the heat, it's the humidity. Move to California....

Like they say, "Yeah, but it's a dry heat" :D

Gotta agree, it's the humidity. 89˚ isn't bad if you have 40% or less humidity. Here in Iowa the humidity can be pretty rough, even in the winter. Some years we'll get 3 or more foot of it. :rolleyes:

I lived in the Amazon jungle for 17 years, and now I'm living in Ohio. I'd take that humidity any day over the cold that is coming.

If you don't like the weather in the south...............stick around, it WILL CHANGE! And it usually does it very quickly! :D

I've been in pretty much every climate in the us during the summer. I would stay in the southwest if I had a choice. I'd just be nocturnal during the summer.

Nah !! Fall is right around the corner. It is already slightly more pleasant here in Florida, a sign that nice, cool weather is not far away. This is the time of year we all live for down here, and I am going to enjoy it until July comes again.

Don

Yup, count me amongst those who would take winter over hot humid weather.
If you've never ripped a foot of fresh powder on 120 hp sled, you don't know what your missing. Snogo is still my favorite hotrod ever. I'd trade everything I own to be 35 again, living in my Alaska cabin and riding every day.

I've been in pretty much every climate in the us during the summer. I would stay in the southwest if I had a choice. I'd just be nocturnal during the summer.

That's what I do. 16 summers in this hell hole and every year I swear it is my last! And still here ... Argh...

Canadian Hotrodding!!!

Canadian winters...cold but cooool:eek::cool:

Attachments

• snow mobile.jpg
    snow mobile.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 16
There are sure a lot of Canadians that go down to the southern US or Mexico for the winter. I, myself have checked out that style of living for two weeks some winters. Why the southern Americans don't come up here for the summer is beyond me, because Canada is the best country in the world to be living in, in the summer time. As I age I see winter as a yuccy time more and more.
Your idea of coming up here in the summer and going down to Georgia for the winter is very good.

To each his own I suppose. I've been in what ya'll call this hell-hole for 63 summers and if I have to go somewhere, it'll be to a warmer climate. Docs saw arthritus creeping up my spine when I was in my mid 20s. I'm not able to move very good in cold weather, so I live here and like it....besides, for 11 1/2 months a year, bikinis, thongs, and t-backs are the norm for the little sweeties....lol! Don't have no down time during colder months as far as working in the shop. Don't have to shovel any snow just to take a ride.

Im seriously thinking about going to Alaska and north-west Canada , next summer. I drove a semi. for about 9 years+ Ive been 48 states+east side of Canada. I want to see Alaska + west side of Canada. In the summer,not winter.

Latest posts

Back