ID my new truck please

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnight ride

Hi guys, been here in the background lurking for a bit and dreaming about building a rat 4x4. I just scored this awesome international truck from my friend that he has had parked for 10 yrs. I also have a complete ramcharger 318 gasser Im going to use for the frame and powertrain. with a 5 foot stepside box that I will build and some 38" swampers I think will be sweeeet. Oh and about a 6" chop should look good also.
Can anyone help me with a little bit more info on this binder? Not sure of the year or exact model of it. It has a 549 gas engine in it and the serial # is CW-56461. Any help will greatly be appreciated and please tell me what you think.
Thanks Scott

Attachments

• INT 220a.JPG
    INT 220a.JPG
    154.3 KB · Views: 68
  • INT 220b.JPG
    INT 220b.JPG
    162.1 KB · Views: 102
thanks guys, going with that info I searched v220 (forgot to mention the fender tag) and found a 1962 pic. taking the vin tag # I will assume it to be 61 then. these same cabs were used on many models from around 55 to 65. still if anyone knows anything more please let me know.

thanks Scott

i like the sound of your plan...but would prob. just trim a little less off the roof-3-4" would seem more in proportion to me, personally- but the rest of it seems real cool and looking forward to more pics--and a build thread!:cool:

thanks again guys,

Preacher, after playing with photshop I think your write 3-4" chop should look good but this thing is in suck good shape I almost dont want to cut it.

Here are some more pics, pretty much the only holes in this truck are the ones in the floor that were cut in.

check it out guys
scott

Attachments

• INT 220c.JPG
    INT 220c.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 19
  • INT 220d.JPG
    INT 220d.JPG
    98.4 KB · Views: 21
  • INT 220e.JPG
    INT 220e.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 20