I'm back... soccer mom's beware!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tripper

Older and more rusted every day!
After having the Chevelle in storage for a year & put put'n around in my Ranchero... I finally have the Chevelle back on the streets. Went to my fav local car show tonight & had a lil fun. I don't know why these young punks think they can plop down $90K+ for a Mercedes 'hot rod' & come play with the big boys. After the car show a brand new E class AMG Merc thought he would dust the old Tripper but I had news for him... haha! I figure it's my duty to teach these punks a lil respect for American muscle! Yep... I'M BACK!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB

LOL!!! Got to love when a stupid kid has no idea what they are getting in to when they throw down against a little older and wiser dude.

Reminds me of a little story I will never forget when I was about 20 I was out riding around on with my buddy in his "Red Dragon". It was a 97 GTP, built to the hilt. The car would run a 1/4 in 11.53. We pulled up to a stop light and what looked to be a '78 old stinky lincoln pulled up next to us, huffing a little smoke from the pipe, rust falling off, steely wheels, a regular POS. My buddy being the guy he is laughed at the car, with the window down, facing right at him, and the other guy had his window down. Then the dome light came on in the Lincoln and the guy probably in his fifties was holding up three fingers. My buddy started laughing harder. The guy counted down with his fingers and when the green light hit that lincoln was GONE!! After 3 stop lights down the strip he probably had 6 or 8 car lengths on us and was pulling away fast. We rolled back down the strip and pulled in to a parking lot in embarrassment as people laughed at us.

Shortly after that we found out that that guy pulls up on the strip once every couple weeks picks some body that thinks they are fast an shows them they are not. Nobody knew who he was or what was in the car all we know is nobody can touch him.

That was one of the funniest things I have ever witnessed!

After having the Chevelle in storage for a year & put put'n around in my Ranchero... I finally have the Chevelle back on the streets. Went to my fav local car show tonight & had a lil fun. I don't know why these young punks think they can plop down $90K+ for a Mercedes 'hot rod' & come play with the big boys. After the car show a brand new E class AMG Merc thought he would dust the old Tripper but I had news for him... haha! I figure it's my duty to teach these punks a lil respect for American muscle! Yep... I'M BACK!!! [ddd[ddd[ddd

BoB
:cool: :D :D :D [cl [cl [cl

Tripper, Tripper, Tripper.........tsk, tsk, tsk !!!!!!!! :D Somehow you missed the section in the book about how us retired guys are supposed to just sit back and watch the squirrels in the park. :p Here you are out bruising the egos of these youngsters and kicking up a lot of dust.

GOOD FOR YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [cl[cl Go get em Bob !!!!!!!!!!! [cl

Don

The young rich kids around me hop up M3 BMW's. The make surprisingly good numbers on a chassis dyno but cant back up the numbers on the track. Tripper I am with you, it is a great feeling to smoke a $90,000 dollar import with a big block Chevy pick up that I only spent a few thousand dollars on.

Nice!! It's nice to put those expensive foreign cars in the rear view mirror. Especially with one of those really "old, heavy, slow cars." ;)

BoB

Man what I woulda' given to have been behind you guys to witness the slaughter!

I have always loved sleepers and owned a few in my life. One was the 68 Mustang coupe my exwife bought brand new off the trailer. In the mid 70's I swapped in a 351 Cleveland, top loader four speed, and 4.88 geared 9 inch posi. I had some motor work done by Gapp and Roush and it was basically a drag car in disguise. To keep the stealth/sleeper appearance I kept the body stock and ran dog dish hubcaps. It surprised a lot of cars back then.

One day I had to run an errand on my lunch hour and there was a hitchiker thumbing on the side of the road. (Those were the days when you could safely pick up someone) so I gave him a lift. As we came down off an on ramp there were two cars lined up on the four lane in front of us, one was a Chevelle 396 and the other one I don't recall. When they took off racing I was in the fast lane behind the Chevelle pushing him almost. He finally blew the other car off and moved over into the other lane, so I blew past him like he was standing still. I looked over, and here was the hitchiker hanging onto the dashboard for dear life and he screamed "What the h*** is in this thing ??? :eek: " :D:D

Ah, the good old days.

Don

Great

I have always loved sleepers and owned a few in my life. One was the 68 Mustang coupe my exwife bought brand new off the trailer. In the mid 70's I swapped in a 351 Cleveland, top loader four speed, and 4.88 geared 9 inch posi. I had some motor work done by Gapp and Roush and it was basically a drag car in disguise. To keep the stealth/sleeper appearance I kept the body stock and ran dog dish hubcaps. It surprised a lot of cars back then.

One day I had to run an errand on my lunch hour and there was a hitchiker thumbing on the side of the road. (Those were the days when you could safely pick up someone) so I gave him a lift. As we came down off an on ramp there were two cars lined up on the four lane in front of us, one was a Chevelle 396 and the other one I don't recall. When they took off racing I was in the fast lane behind the Chevelle pushing him almost. He finally blew the other car off and moved over into the other lane, so I blew past him like he was standing still. I looked over, and here was the hitchiker hanging onto the dashboard for dear life and he screamed "What the h*** is in this thing ??? :eek: " :D:D

Ah, the good old days.

Don

It's always fun to see someone hang on for their life when ya got the hammer down

Latest posts

Back