indy car racer, dan weldon dies in crash

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
:(:(sad day for racing.

l don't follow indy cars alot, but l never like it when someone is hurt.

l knew that there are risks and the chance is always there. when l raced l knew that was part of the "game" you accept when you strap into a race car:eek:

condolences to the family and friends.

do not watch if you do not want to see the crash;

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/moto...16/las-vegas-300-dan-wheldon-crash/50795256/1

Later:cool:

I was watching and knew it was really bad when I saw the car flying and get caught up in the fence above the Safer barrier.

Several of the drivers and others interviewed after the incident but before it was revealed that Dan Weldon died indicated that the number of cars in the race, 34, and the length and design of the track were a recipe for disaster. Also, a lot of younger, relatively inexperienced drivers were racing and they aren't as adept at making the correct reaction in an instant.

The conclusion I reached by listening to the interviews is high speed open wheel racing on high bank ovals with drivers going 4 wide and able to run laps at full throttle creates the conditions for a massive wreck and disaster like this one.

My heart goes out to the Dan Weldon family and the entire Indy Racing League community.

i don't know who he was but it is sad to hear something like this. the reason i don't know who he is, is in my life there is only one race and that is the digs. just lost intrest years ago, well maybe some swamp buggy's.

Latest posts

Back