Info on the RR

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is obviously difficult to tell from pictures, but it appears to be well built. Looks good and is more finished than many. Watch out for speed bumps!

One of the reasons pot holes suck in that thing is the front end design. The axle & wheels are way too far ahead of the spring. The amount of unsprung weight out there is going to affect both suspension & handling. The over-extended wheelbase not only makes it goofy looking, but also makes the turning radius somewhere near a ten-acre field. Scrub line is a major issue as well.

Also, that is not a regular coupe - it is a Special Coupe. That is why the top is kind of wonky looking, and the back window has been scabbed in from something else.

Last edited:
Probably an decent car. Lots of things about it aren't my style but if you like it that's what matters. I would be concerned that it's too low. I know the guys that like the belly dragging defend the style but I've never lived anywhere I could drive a car with that kind of ground clearance. Those seat bottoms would give me a butt cramp in about 5 miles.

If you get that car, I would mount/enclose, or relocate that fuse block. It's too exposed to the elements and it's just begging for electrical problems down the road.

Not a bad lookin' car. As was mentioned the frame height would be of concern to me. I have a 600ft gravel pot hole drive way and a 1mile gravel washboard drive to the main road. I'd never make it. But if you live where there are not road issues would not be a big deal.

I also couldn't agree more with Gastrick about the fuse box. If you like it go for it.

Sold

The car has been removed from EBay.

I saw that fuse block too.

You guys have given me plenty to think about. The front axle stuff was interesting. I like the suicide look, but not sure on the correct way to get it.

Latest posts

Back