Insane Money

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gassersgarage

The California Kid
Funny how the rich drive up prices of collector cars because $100,000 is like $20 to normal people. In this economy, some of the prices at Barrett Jackson are insane :eek:.

I sold my '65 Biscayne to a neighbor a few years ago. It was all new. Motor, trans, rear end, chrome and interior. The first thing he did was design new rims for it. He to his drawings to one of the big billet shops and had 4 rims made. He pulled the motor, trans and interior, took the car down to bare metal because he wanted a Lexus color. The bumpers, which had just been chromed, he took off, welded them up to make it one piece, than re-chromed them. The new interior, he tossed because he wanted Mercedes leather. The motor and trans (500 hp 454 with dual quads and a Richmond 6 speed) was also tossed in favor of a new fuel injected crate motor and a 4L60. The rear was replaced with a brand new 12 bolt, posi and disc brakes. The rear had been original but I added new gears and a new posi!

I sold him the car for what I had into it, $20K. He now has $130K into it!!! :eek: This is what it looked like when I sold it.
DSC00043.jpgDSC00042.jpg

I'd post pictures of how it looks now but he moved. I heard he was getting a divorce again! That will make 5 divorces :rolleyes:.

A fool and his money are easily parted!

That was a nice car and sounds like you did it just to the right level that something like a biscayne should be done.

Funny thing is, when he's done with that car it will be worth....$20k

EnglishBob...

His car to do with as he pleases and he probably wouldn't call any of us 'idiots' because we do what we like.

Always the devils advocate....lol.... but you are probably right....that guy obviously has more money than dirt and doesn't give a rat's behind what we or anyone thinks about how or what he likes in his vehicles.....God bless em....wish I had 130,000.....let alone spend it on a "do over"......

When you spend that kind of money making it "yours" you should be planning on keeping it awhile.

I would love to be able to spend stupid money on a project. Probably wouldn't if I could.

Dr Crank, just where were you when you took that picture :eek:? and no I don't want to know for my own information.

Always the devils advocate....lol.... but you are probably right....that guy obviously has more money than dirt and doesn't give a rat's behind what we or anyone thinks about how or what he likes in his vehicles.....God bless em....wish I had 130,000.....let alone spend it on a "do over"......

Not necessarily so,I know a local guy who's put around $150,000 into a long box F1 and it was his life savings,his dream truck and he got it.
He's asking north of what it owes him now because he's trying to retire which means he's sol.

Or "How to spend $130,000 to build a $40,000 car" I can't see that he did anything to make it "better" than it was when you sold it.

That's the while point,he may not have made it better but he 'made' it and I'm guessing he's happy.
Spending money Is the easy part,spending it for a return and to please everyone certainly isn't.

Latest posts

Back