It's a bike and it's a chopper....

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cutman

RobsBike.jpg

Got bored and built this bike from a thrift store mountain bike I paid $7 for. Generator powered lights (head and tial lights) all wires routed through the frame. The bike is about seven feet long and the seat sits 22" off the ground. My 14 year old nephew has it and it quite hit with it. It is remarkably easy to ride. I love it when people ask where you buy something like that... nowhere.:cool:
Thanks for lookin'

I've been wanting to build something like that Rob. I have enough parts laying around and thought it would be fun to do with my son.

first chopper bike... bicycle I built.

This the bike that started it... I built this in about 2 hrs for my son (at the time he was 4 yrs old). It is one of those $49 twelve inch rim kids bikes. He wanted a chopper... gotta love that kid. Once I got it done he said, "now you need one to ride with me." So I built the first one I posted. We had just watched the OCC spider bike being built and he said to build mine as a spidee bike...

1stChopper.jpg

RobsBike.jpg

Sounded Like a Good Idea

Originally built this mini-chopper for my son, but when MOM saw it finished, she said.... well you know....

SO..... I back peddled an made this chopper bike. He can ride it... I cannot.

http:
mini5.jpg

mini3.jpg

Wonder what MOM did not like about the mini-chopper?

cb1.jpg

Very cool...
Waiting for my son to outgrow his XR70 to do a chopper for him. I think it will be an "under the radar" project... Mom won't dig it either. Heck, would be fun to putt around car shows on. Father/Son stuff rocks!

Moms r usually the one that have to take sonny boy to the emergency room!!! ; - >

Very cool bicycles.

Both of my boys got their first motorcycles when they were 8 or 9. We live in the country so they could ride them all the time and did. We always went out checking on them when the noise stopped. And yes there were trips to the emergency room, more than once.:rolleyes:

Very cool bicycles.

Both of my boys got their first motorcycles when they were 8 or 9. We live in the country so they could ride them all the time and did. We always went out checking on them when the noise stopped. And yes there were trips to the emergency room, more than once.:rolleyes:

Nobody wants to see their kid get hurt but bumps and bruises art part of being a kid. Who would want the kid to be brought up in some aneseptic environment without some danger.

Latest posts

Back