It's a Goggomobile

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wowsers!!! That's *some* kinda build! And people say hot rodders are crazy... *where* do they get they get that from!?!? :eek::eek::eek:

BoB

That was great! Good old German engin-uity!! Seems like a lot of trouble to power a POS car though! Seems like he would have used a Mercedes or a Beamer as the platform for it.

T1

Was bad enough to try to put my 5'9" frame in the drivers seat of a stock Gogo. And this guy manages an aircraft engine & himself. Even more amazing is his tags have the TUV sticker on them. :eek::eek: No state inspection here is even close to how tough a TUV vehicle inspection is.

1912 Verdel- another radial, would not want to jump a curb

RADIAL202--1912.jpg

driving!

I wondered what he was going to do for a transmission. I saw a video of this car last year, but he had yet to build the transmission - it ran, but that was all. Excellent work! Car reminds me of the Renault Dauphine/R8/R10's my dad had.

Notice that with enough torque (those radial engines have gobs!) no reduction gears were necessary - in fact, it is overdriven! And that is one big custom torque converter!

440shorty

He is using a Voith Turbo T-coupling with a forward/nuetral/reverse system prob a direct drive to the axles. The T-cup flashes at a certain RPM, that particular one might flash around 1000 rpm. I use to work for that company and rebuilt hundreds of them....neat stuff.

J

He is using a Voith Turbo T-coupling with a forward/nuetral/reverse system prob a direct drive to the axles. The T-cup flashes at a certain RPM, that particular one might flash around 1000 rpm. I use to work for that company and rebuilt hundreds of them....neat stuff.

J

Here is some info you don't get just anywhere :) thanks Gearhead

Latest posts

Back