Just thinkin

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know..The scary part is, I think that's kinda cool. But I am from Tennessee you know. I bet It would be hard to get tornado insurance!!:D

2314.jpg

Now here is a marine application with a design flaw, he can't
see where he is going. Now with some clothesline and pulleys from
the farm supply store he could have a bridge on the top.:)

2314.jpg

Now here is a marine application with a design flaw, he can't
see where he is going. Now with some clothesline and pulleys from
the farm supply store he could have a bridge on the top.:)

Earthman,
What a cool design, got an extra camper, goin go to the industrial park tomorrow, pick up some good oak skids, and build me one in the pond out front, thanks again.

Well, you know in boating there will always be the "haves" and the "have nots." This guy evidently belongs to a yacht club.........he has a flybridge, twin engines, and air conditioning.

Some day we can all only HOPE to attain this kind of wealth. :rolleyes::D

Don

Attachments

• redneck_yacht.jpg
    redneck_yacht.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 18
that is some wild and crazy stuff !!!and i love it !!!would be so cool to be able to do that and not be hasiled by the man???
That is deffinatly in the true still of the rat rodders!!!! use what you got and make the most of it !!!

Years ago I had one of my boats at Cape Marina in Cape Canaveral for about 14 months doing a refurb on it. There was another boat in the yard, and old wooden Chris Craft about 32 feet long. It was a real POS, and the guy was living aboard with his wife and 5 kids. It was up on the hard, like mine, so I got to watch the progress he was making on it.

One thing he did was build a room up top out of plywood, where the flybridge used to be. It made it top heavy, and was just a big ole box up there. But the funniest thing was that he couldn't afford a marine engine for it, so he transplanted a Rambler V8 into it, complete with automatic transmission! :eek: He didn't have normal water cooled exhaust on it, but he just ran two tailpipes out of the manifolds straight up into the air, higher than even the room on top. It reminded me of those buses you see in Mexico with big stacks.

Everybody couldn't wait for the day he would launch it, and I was lucky enough to be there that day. After the sling lift dropped him in the water he fired up the Rambler, and started to pull away from the dock. The thing was so top heavy it kept swaying from port to starboard. Slowly he crept away, and after he got about 50 feet the transmission shifted into the next gear. :D:D

All of us who were watching almost fell over laughing, but somehow he got it underway!!

Don

Latest posts

Back