Landscraper - 2wd Landcruiser

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It might work. Late model Corvette front wheels all around on a jag that is newer than my donor car

61638d1383821070-corvette-gs-wheels-my-xjr-imag0242.jpg

I have a set of gran sport rims (like the first set) if you need measurements. They are 18x9.5 fronts and 19x12 rears

This is the kind of stuff that started the whole rodding scene. Mix and match what you got (or can get cheap) and make what you want. Most importantly have fun doing it. I like it, keep it going.

I have a set of gran sport rims (like the first set) if you need measurements. They are 18x9.5 fronts and 19x12 rears

I saw pics of those online. Holy crap that's a lot of wheel and tire. Standard vette wheels are more my size. 17/18 stuff looks like it might fit.

Most of the 17/18 wheels were C5 stuff and were 9.5" wide with about a 6.5" BS. They are plentiful. Good choice all around

I went and played with the station wagon.

The XJS donor had been a northern car at some point in its life and had a crusty spot in the front crossmember. It didn't look too bad until I started poking at it. It needed help.

20150207_152359 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

rotten to the core
20150207_152540 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

other side is solid
20150207_152550 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

spring pocket patch (rusty piece chiseled out and pocked sand blasted)
20150208_093721 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

All back together
20150208_140826 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

I put a bandaid on the outside...just because
20150208_140816 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

This was the first time I ever have put a stock spring back into a suspension. I was tempted to cut a coil off while I had it out....because it will need it eventually.

Oh yeah, the sensible drop thing is gone. It is going stupid low static drop.

The rear frame will get s sizeable kick-up and tubs if that is what it needs.

I hear ya on the snow. One of the reasons I moved to Texas. I'm still trying to get my garage sorted out so I can start/ finish some projects.

Anybody here bolted 5x120 wheels on a 5x4.75 car? Does the .7mm (.35mm on each side of the circle) really matter?

Late model Camaro steel wheels might look good on this thing.

Anybody here bolted 5x120 wheels on a 5x4.75 car? Does the .7mm (.35mm on each side of the circle) really matter?

The 0.7mm will end up on one side, but it most likely won't matter. I put 4.5X5 (114.3mmX5) on a Volkswagen bus (5x112mm). All the holes were too small so I opened up the bolt holes as well as the center hole, drove it for years. I also re-chamfered the bolt holes.

Guys have done that with BMW wheels on a GM and visa versa...I don't recommend it as you are flexing the studs inwards and putting an odd load on them. But like I said it has been done before

Guys have done that with BMW wheels on a GM and visa versa...I don't recommend it as you are flexing the studs inwards and putting an odd load on them. But like I said it has been done before

Yeah, I should probably wait for the right set of 5x4.75 wheels to show up on craigslist.

Yeah, I should probably wait for the right set of 5x4.75 wheels to show up on craigslist.
For a while the right set kept showing up at the right price in my area, now I have a bunch of wheels stacking up in the garage, shop, back yard...

Hi, my name is Skip, and I am a hot rod part junky. :D

they make lugnuts calles wobble nuts for just that purpose. Never used them myself but have read about them on another forum I use.

I found a set of C5 corvette wagon wheels and tires for $175.

Not the prettiest wheels, but that is a whole lot of tire for cheap!

edit: They are actually two sets of rear wheels. all four are 18x9.5

20150410_182219 by Flipper_1938, on Flickr

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back