Leaf blower as a bolt on power adder!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You know they have been putting electric blowers on smaller engines for some time. I suppose they are just a weaker electric version of a leaf blower. From what I understand, they are some kind of 12volt bilge pump off a boat or jet ski? Its makes sense that it would help if the cfm output of the blower is greater than that of your engine and carb set up.

believe it or not I found a couple of pics online where some people actually did this!!!!

leafblower1.jpg

leaf_blower_turbocharger.jpg

33010010523_large.jpg

leafblower-sized.jpg

LMAO!!!!!!!!

I like the last pic - electric blower. Those are actually more powerful than the gas ones. Of course you'd have to have a huge alternator and a power converter, but alot better than pulling cords and mixing oil.

You could even have yourself a switch on the dash like Knight Rider. Turbo Boost!!

...don't let me get some free time as I WILL try this. [;)

I have actually seen it done already.

I worked with a guy (circa 2005) that mounted a electric blower to his V6 Dodge Dakota.

He used a power inverter to power the electric blower. And he swore it added 100 rwhp.

I don't care if it works, I don't care if everyone else does it,......I still think it's stupid. I am pretty set on good ol' fashoned, simple, naturally aspirated engines.

100hp???????

Whoa..... hard to believe you'd get 100hp from a pound of boost if that.... even the hot rod article said it was barely 1 pound of boost with two blowers..... jmho....[S

Latest posts

Back