Lizard Skin on POR15

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgo70

I think this might be a long post .

I have some questions on what I'm planning so her it goes, first off this is what I got so far:

Quality Automotive Products Fiber Filler
Dominion Seam Sealer
Proform Self-Etching Primer
Dominion Sure Seal Urethane Primer/Surfacer
Evercoat Metal Glaze
Sherwin Williams Ultra700 Paint
Lizard Skin Sound and Heat Deadener

As I posted in my other topic about painting over rust I have some places that I don't think I'll be able to get at, mostly the interior like in the doors and such as well as under the frame rails mybe more.
My plan was to paint over the rust with POR15 and then spray the Lizard Skin on over that, as well as some of the interior with the self etching primer. The rep at POR15 says that I have to use their Etching Primer before I put anything else on their POR15 rust inhibiter paint. Of course I can't find that anywhere without waiting a couple of weeks for shipping. The guy at the paint store says I can spray any self etching primer over the POR15 but I wasn't sure I could trust him. So I want to know what you guys think if that would be okay or is their any other products like POR15 that I might be able to find locally.

Thanks,
Sean

it's worth the wait for POR15 (or eastwoods version of it), and use a good self etching primer...I don't trust the spray bomb type.

Latest posts

Back