Lookie what I found...

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhynorock

I was gawking at this 54 chevy truck cab I was given to try and work with. Consequently it's utterly destroyed, but I found a couple goodies which will save me a buttload of cash and headache.

pair of working wiper arms
20120709204243770.jpg

and a vacuum operated Trico wiper motor...
20120709204936362.jpg

I stuffed a plastic tube on the vacuum thingamajigger there, duct taped it to the hose on my vacuum cleaner, pulled the slide valve out, and sunuvagun it WORKED! I couldn't believe it lol sitting under the dash of that hopelessly rotted out truck cab, I thought for sure it would have been toast from being rained on for years and years. I laughed my butt off seeing this thing in action.

Vacuum pump would be a good idea. They always quit when you mash the gas, like right when you pull out to pass a semi and really need them.
You could get a small gasoline powered generator to run your vacuum cleaner and go that route.[ddd

Haha... young cats have never driven with a vac powered system... had one in my '48 AD. Scary!!! :eek:

BoB

Yep, I remember having to alternate between stepping on and off the gas so the wipers would start to clean the windshield for another swipe. Step down and they would freeze up, lay off the gas and they would work. Best thing they ever came up with were electric wiper motors.

Put a big cam in the motor and they won't work at all.

Don

Had a F250 with them - slow down and the wipers slowed down too. If it was raining real hard, you had to slow down enough to use a lower gear. PITA.

Had one on a CJ Jeep I used to own. All the above is true! Better than the hand wiper I had before, but by just a little bit!

I stuffed a plastic tube on the vacuum thingamajigger there, duct taped it to the hose on my vacuum cleaner, pulled the slide valve out, and sunuvagun it WORKED! I couldn't believe it lol sitting under the dash of that hopelessly rotted out truck cab, I thought for sure it would have been toast from being rained on for years and years. I laughed my butt off seeing this thing in action.

Hope you have a long extension cord to run the vacuum
[cl[cl

Latest posts

Back