Made a little more progress......

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looksawful crowded in that shop, but i'd sure help a fellow rodder out & store one of them projects for ya....:D[dr

seriously tho, glad to see them both coming along nicely:cool::cool:[cl

HOLY ROADSTERS BATMAN!!! Your car is looking super Don. I can't wait to see the body mated to the chassis. Based on what I see there, the satin black will be perfect. Everybody keeps telling me if I paint my coupe I'll ruin it, so for now, I'll listen to them. Dan's RPU looks special also of course. He sure looks happy. Great job by both of you guys. Maybe I'll get to see one or both of these cars at Daytona if you are going this year.

Preacher, it is getting a little tight in the shop. My Son Don keeps complaining because Dan and I overflow into his section, and he keeps his area perfect. Dan and I have to work at being organized, and sometimes we fail miserably. :eek:

Bill, the color is all your fault. We like your coupe EXACTLY the way it is, so much so that Dan is very seriously considering the same satin shade for his car. Like everyone else, I can't imagine your car in anything else. I know I've made this promise before, but I SWEAR Dans car has to make it to TR this year. He will give up I think if he misses one more year with his car. But the clock is ticking, we only have July, August, Sept, Oct, and Nov 25th it all ends. That is getting real scarey, and Dan keeps finding "projects" to do on it before we spray it.

This year we don't want to screw up and miss seeing your Family again. That was really not good last year. :eek:

Don

I got a little more done last night and tonight. Last night I painted the grille insert gloss black, Dan talked me into that color and I'm glad he did. It looks right with the rest of the black on the car. Tonight I got the grille shell and headlights mounted. My new trim rings for the headlights came in from OTC and they are really perfect.

I also got my windshield back from the glass guy, he was able to cut my old glass down. I like the straight across cut better than the curved one I had originally.

Oh well, here are some pictures of the front end mounted and the windshield after being cut.

Don

27grilleandheadlightson004.jpg

27grilleandheadlightson007.jpg

27grilleandheadlightson009.jpg

27grilleandheadlightson010.jpg

Last edited:
looks great... i dont think you can ever go wrong with a satin black..

Thanks guys. The one thing that was holding me back was getting my roll bar bent up. I was waiting for Dan to help me because when he measures something it is right on the mark.........me, not so much. But he was working late yesterday so I decided to just take my time and do it myself. It actually came out right! :eek: Now I just have to get it chromed.

So tonight Dan and I put the body on the frame to see how it looks. I'm in love.[cl I like it so much better than any shiny color I would have picked, it just says Hot Rod to me in the satin. Here are some pictures of it tonight, just a few things to wrap up and I can be on the road. I hope by the end of July that will happen.

Don

27bodyon2.jpg

27bodyon8.jpg

27bodyon10.jpg

27bodyon12.jpg

27bodyon21.jpg

Thanks Rattler. Yep I plan on finding a striper at maybe Billetproof or Turkey Run and having just some simple lines drawn on the grille shell, headlights, dash and above the license light. I would love to have Skratch do it like he did my 23 but running into him on this coast again would be tough to do. But there are a lot of good stripers out there like OOMack and others.

Don

[cl[cli don't see a single thing i would change[cl[cl

can't wait to see your plastered-on-grin from that first drive down the highway.....:cool:

Thanks guys. The one thing that was holding me back was getting my roll bar bent up. I was waiting for Dan to help me because when he measures something it is right on the mark.........me, not so much. But he was working late yesterday so I decided to just take my time and do it myself. It actually came out right! :eek: Now I just have to get it chromed.

So tonight Dan and I put the body on the frame to see how it looks. I'm in love.[cl I like it so much better than any shiny color I would have picked, it just says Hot Rod to me in the satin. Here are some pictures of it tonight, just a few things to wrap up and I can be on the road. I hope by the end of July that will happen.

Don

27bodyon2.jpg

27bodyon8.jpg

27bodyon10.jpg

27bodyon12.jpg

27bodyon21.jpg

Ummm....WOW!!!!:cool: The stance and proportion are just perfect on this car!!!! Great job, Don!

Regards,
Shea:)

Looks great!! Would look better in my shop though. Lol Hey was curious what air cleaners you used. I have the oval shaped edelbrock on my panel truck but want to go with 2 rounds. I think they look better and more of "back in the day"

Looks real good, I got a question though. Where did you get the valve covers ? And how are you gonna get oil into the motor with no fill on the covers or intake?

Latest posts

Back