Magazine Ideas ~ Share your thoughts!

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lots and lots of metal work please

frame ,body, fab work, what fits what, teach me some thing instead of telling me storys about john doe found this in the back of the bakery and had the small block from another project. la la la same story every time just a diff place time and person is getting old. don't do storys on cars that are features in other mags. use fresh stuff. tech on flat sixes, how to fix drum brakes to make them stop. i dont want to hear about disc kits and 9" rears small blocks are boring,wheel tech would be cool, how to hang a gasser front end on a plymouth, 4 doors ,home paint jobs from a spray can, get kids involved in the hobby, can go on and on

There really is not a magazine that represents what most of us do. Most magazine articles include taking the car to XYZ company and having them install their front suspension, rear suspension, exhaust, electric windows, steering column, etc.

What we want is: How do I make my own steering column? Show me 10 ways to install a solid front axle. Split the wishbones or make my own? Give me some ideas about where to put the stupid battery. Parallel or triangulated 4 link?

We don't need to see you install a Painless wiring harness. Tell us about wire. Does it have to be crosslinked or is PVC ok. GXL, TXL, SXL what's the difference? Can I use TWN or TNN? What's a latching relay and why would I use it. Headlight relay's? Got any security tricks? How about info on an inexpensive way to install hydroboost?

Basically, I would like to see a magazine for people who want to do the work themselves and not put together a checkbook car. Give us some ideas, offer some solutions, put in real info, not fluff.

Forget about reviewing bands, tats, and car shows. ( Maybe you could inlude a review of the swap meets.) Show us cars, trucks and above all, details.

Show engine mounts, radiator mounts, transmission mounts, door latches, parking brakes, shifters, fuel lines - all the little things builders have to deal with.

And by the way, not every car or truck with flat paint is a rat. Figure out what a Rat Rod is and stick to it.

How's that for a rant?

that is one dandy rant.;)

of course this is just me but.
i don't care in the slightest about tats,shows,bands or rockabilly hairdoos.
i want to learn how to safely build neat cars.
for me the ideal magazine would be darn near nothing but tech articles with
pics of nice cars that don't cost more than my house.
and a few Chickie babes tossed in for good measure.

that is one dandy rant.;)

of course this is just me but.
i don't care in the slightest about tats,shows,bands or rockabilly hairdoos.
i want to learn how to safely build neat cars.
for me the ideal magazine would be darn near nothing but tech articles with
pics of nice cars that don't cost more than my house.
and a few Chickie babes tossed in for good measure.

I couldn't have said it better myself!:[cl.........CR

maybe have a different approaches to STEERING builds issue.
then a rear end issue.
like that...

Yeah--I like that kinda off the wall stuff-a little twist to an approach. (I can see a couple 'tastefull' girly pics in the Rearend issue) :)

Another specializing issue might be Wannabes, Posers, Phonies and Clones--poke the 'traditional' reinactors, or give them something to howl about...... I want to build a twin overhead cam inline six I have and dress it up like an Offenhouser. I have a 5.0 EFI in my rat T that has a look of a couple strombergs as the throttle body on a home made log intake.-- Its all fun..

PA41

Latest posts

Back