Marley & Me

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bob w

Still crazy after all these years!
To all you dog lovers on RRR, we went to the movies today and saw Marley & Me. It will make you laugh and maybe make you cry. Two paws up for this film.

I read the book a couple of years ago. Very good read. Being a dog lover I cried like a little baby at the end of the book. :( So I have mixed feelings about going to see the movie.

Had to click on this post to see what it was about; "Marley" means something else around here, something I haven't done in 20 years ! So, you can understand my curiousity when I saw "Marley and Me"....... excuse me, I have to go listen to "50,000 Miles Beneath My Brain" now .....

Still havn't seen it yet, I need to go check it out. I have read the story about it in one of Cesars books.

The wife and I watched it a few weeks ago. I didnt watch the last 15 minutes of the movie, had to leave the room. Wife stayed in here and finished it, while balling like a kid ...... the reason i left the room, didnt want to ball like a kid.

Sad movie for sure. To much of a dog lover to ever watch that movie again.

My regards to this are the same as when my grandmother bought me 'Ol Yeller' when I was younger... WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE TO WATCH! I know the ending of both and therefore refuse to watch either. I have such a soft spot for pets I don't think I could handle it. I plan on watching the movie and turning it off halfway and walking away with a smile, HA :D

We were given the book first by my best friend and his wife, then I bought the movie. The movie follows the book to a "T". Very sad. We have two Labs in our house, both brothers. One of them has the Labrador Retriever hereditary myopathy disease, which is a form of Muscular Dystrophy. It is sad, but he is such a mild mannered, loving dog and they are both 3 years old now. The other one is healthier than an ox. I thought of our sick Lab when I read the book and saw the movie...and bawled like a baby with both forms of media. We know we will have to put the sick one down eventually, but until then, we will love him as always.

When I saw this movie at the theatre, I had no idea how it would end up. It really hit me hard, because I had just lost my dog of 16 years. It was a tear-jerker...

I started this off-topic thread but I thought it was worthwhile because there's been other pet threads, so there must be a lot of pet lovers here.
When we left for the theater, I grabbed a handfull of Kleenex. My wife gave me a quizzical look and I responded, "You'll see". Part way through the movie, I felt her hand in my jacket pocket, getting a few tissues.

You car guys/dog lovers have to read this one : The art of racing in the rain by Garth Stein. I'm a big reader and this is one of the best reads ever. Got it for 6 bucks at Sams club . Buy it , you wont be sorry .

My regards to this are the same as when my grandmother bought me 'Ol Yeller' when I was younger... WHAT A HORRIBLE MOVIE TO WATCH! I know the ending of both and therefore refuse to watch either. I have such a soft spot for pets I don't think I could handle it. I plan on watching the movie and turning it off halfway and walking away with a smile, HA :D

Absolutely agree!!! What the hail were they thinking!! I was about 8 when I saw Ole Yeller in a theater with my Mom. That was a sick-perverted thing to show a kid. I was totally unprepared for the end and was a sobbing blubbering wreck stumbling out of the place--My Mom never looked at me the same-thought she'd bred a sissy..

I sure ain't gonna watch this one--I got a wife and kids and Grandkids that think I'm a hard-a$$--took years to cultivate, I'm not gonna blow it watchin a dog show..

PA41

Latest posts

Back