Military tires??

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey All.

Been wanting sum tall tires for my upcoming n-sane build and I think Ive found em.
Old military tires! Found em from the 42-53 inch range. Treadisnt to bad as far as being knobbies but look more like an all terrain so I dont think road driving will be an issue.
It says it uses a 20 inch rim?? Is this just any 20 inch rim or does it take a special one?? Can anyone post a pic or link to the type I need please?? Any ideas on goods or bads to this that you see? Tnx for any help. RR

I have a custom wheel store and I had a customer bring in a set of military all-terain tires that were made by michellin that were 48" tall , we sold him 20x10 wheels and it really should have been a 12" wide wheel . they looked great but he had an f-350 with a 14" lift kit ----- BIG STUFF !!

I mounted my 53's on 20 inch tractor rims. and then made new centers. Kabota tractors is a good place to look.
bigbuggy5.jpg

52tireinflames.jpg

watch those fingers seatn that bead! i wanted to use my 20s off my 40 gmc but the tires are way too expensive. that and you have to use tubes with them. not a good idea to put tubes in a tubless tire.
[S

The drawback to the military tires is there so h/d engineered they weigh a ton..... The sidewalls on the 53" talls are almost 1" thick and 2 good men cant pickup 1 of them without a rim unless there weight lifters. I build custom wheels and do customizeing on mil vehicles.
Bcowanwheels

Latest posts

Back