military tires?

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratrodney

Hey.
Been lookin at some 49-53 inch military tires. i got my dual semi tires but im concerned that the almost 90 inch with adaptor width may be to much??
A single but taller tire at 49-53 inches by 15-16 wide might look kool plus not be near as wide n stickin out the sides.
Wont need adaptors either cause they moubt on 20 inch rims???
Hmmmmm....thoughts? both style are fairly heavy so tradeoff there is the same. just taller but narrower. RR

why not stick with what you got right now and keep the military tires in mind for later. In other words, just get the dang thing built!

Just thinkin.....Im nerved about the width of it. Almost 8 feet wide! Wont be any more money just a different setup and about 2 foot less width. I can quickly sell my rear n wheels and the other tires are cheap and so are the rims.
Im gonna have 450.00 in just the dually wheel adaptors. RR

Are you talking about Hemmitt tires? I have not looked all the way through your build thread, what rear axle are you running? Will the Hemmitt wheels bolt up?

I have used my allotted three questions. Cool build!

Don

No...There just the old michilin xl's. There like 49.5X15.2. Theyl be taller but more narrow. They use 20 inch rims which I already have.
I think the taller tire with the short cab will look kool plus its different.
The tires barely wear out and there cheap.
go to ebay and type in military tires and youll see what im talkin bout. RR:D

Latest posts

Back