model T for freeeeeeeeeee to meeeeee

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skull

''SARCASM: just one of his many talents.''
got a call about a ad l place looking for scrap metal and dude call and asks if l want these old rusty model T tins he has,, he*** ya!! [ l belong to a few other forums and l posted on there so if you seen it there, cool, if not,this is for poeple here to see], heres the 2 pics of the mock up so far :: 23-25 rear 4dr tub, model A cowl and a grille shell that came with all these parts l picked up, gonna rake the windshield posts back as l am adopting and modifieng the T posts to the A cowl, model A fiberglass hood left over from a car l sold and maybe a short truck bed,, IFS with rack and piniion, 4 link with a pan hard bar rearend, sb chevy and a 700r4, easy and reliablity is the key, discs in front, mass boxing and cross members to strengthen the frame, and NO NO NO bird**** welds, only strong safe welds as l have had **** come apart on me and thats not fun ..l'm trying to put this together on a low budget but fun and reliable is the theme and safe to drive anywhere as l plan to drive it every chance l get, no fenders, any ideas will be appreacted as this is my first T project,, { my other project is the dwarf car on this site}:cool:thanks

Attachments

• model t.jpg
    model t.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 131
  • model t 2.jpg
    model t 2.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 104
That's my favorite price! :D Decent score for ya there. Glad to see someone concerned about welds and safety as well! Since you're asking for ideas though - I gotta give a big thumbs down to IFS on open wheeled vehicles. I've seen 'em all and there is just no way to make it look right. When it comes to a hot rod there's no substitute for a good ol' I-beam. Set up correctly they are every bit as manageable and reliable as IFS in such a lightweight vehicle, and look WAY better. Cheaper too! You can easily put disc brakes on as well. Just my $.02, 'cuz it's your baby. Good luck with it!

ifs set up

l have a pro built chassis by shell valley,, there set up is really nice looking and easy to copy,, this pro built chassis is for my fiberglass 29 A roadster,, thank you for the info but for me a ifs is the only way to go as l have drivin many hot rods and trucks with the straight alxes and l do not like the feel,,

Latest posts

Back