My grandkid hauler and T-Bucket

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LarryH

Since i posted an intro on another thread i thought i'd post some pics of my cars.

I'm building the '56 more door (ex-Air Force car) to haul the grandkids around in and for some simple cruising. It'a a 235 with a three speed. So far i've welded in new floor pans, installed a new gas tank and sending unit, added a Fenton header, Langdon's Holley/Weber carb, dual glass packs with pencil tips and Supremes with pinner whites and a Hurst shifter. I still have to install the electronic distribuitor and a ton of other parts. Future plans are gray primer (actually flat gray) candy blue top with gold 'flake, new interior in blue and white tuck n' roll and a 5 speed.

The T-Buck is an older build (built in '71) that's a little worn around the edges with way more chrome than i really wanted. It was owned by a crazy dude that drove the crap out of his cars so it ain't no cherry pie. It has a 327 with a built powerglide, Corvette rear end, tunnel ram with an 800 cfm Holley, bug catcher breather, spun aluminum gas tank, Centerlines (15x5's and 15x12's) M/T Sportsmans and vertical steering. Right now i'm just driving it before the weather turns really bad (in this part of Cal we really do have winters with rain, fog and cold sunless days). Plans call for a rebuild next winter. So far i'm planning on powder coating the frame black, painting it flat black with red interior, painting the engine orange (still not sure why they painted the engine black. 327's should be Chevy orange), replacing the Centerlines with chrome rims (15x6's & 15x10's), replacing the gas tank with a fuel cell and building some type of pickup bed. So far i've changed out the tunnel ram for a Weiand manifold with a 600 cfm Edelbrock Performer carb, small chrome breather, M/T valve covers, cleaned up the plug wiring, made some tail lights, added turn signals and mirrors.

Attachments

• 010 (3).jpg
    010 (3).jpg
    220.6 KB · Views: 54
  • 004 (6).jpg
    004 (6).jpg
    220.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 007 (3).jpg
    007 (3).jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 001 (2).jpg
    001 (2).jpg
    190.5 KB · Views: 50
  • 001 (6).jpg
    001 (6).jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 39
I gotta admit it is a little showy , after you make some changes and tone it down a bit I think you will have what you want . you can always buy something but it's never truly yours untill you set it up the way you want it. have fun and enjoy

Some pics i took Thanksgiving day of my son giving the grandkids (5 & 17) a ride. I even installed seat belts so i can strap the little one's car seat in.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    172.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 40
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    149.4 KB · Views: 41

Latest posts

Back