My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got my speedo today

2012-09-17_22-27-46_265.jpg

cool pics and congrats..I like the black and white from the passenger side..Looks like it could have been taken in the 40's

Man, you look so serious in that one shot....

Getting married is supposed to be fun!!!! Do like the hair cut though....looks just like mine!!! Just not so gray.....:( Wife's smiling in every shot....you..not so much..... ????[S

cool pics and congrats..I like the black and white from the passenger side..Looks like it could have been taken in the 40's

I thought it was cool, don't much care for my face in the picture, but it was still neat!!! I am waiting, he doesn't have all the pictures up for us to see yet.

Dude, she's beautiful [cl

The truck is pretty damn nice too.

Thank you sir

Wife's smiling in every shot....you..not so much..... ????[S

Sarge there is only two pictures where you could see my face and I could smile and one of them I was the other I was talking to her..........it was fun and it was a great day!

I am still here!!! Practically every day!! Just aint been working on the Dodge. Needed a break and the daily's needed some attention. New tires on the Monte and some tune up stuff, and my truck was miss firing. Finally figured the truck out couple days ago. Plus washed and polished them all for the winter.

Went and looked at the Dodge Saturday. It is ****ing tranny fluid like a beast..... again...... not happy:( The rear seal that I put in the tail shaft was destroyed in seconds. Don't know why. Maybe the bushing back there is junk? Also I think the style of seal has something to do with it, or maybe the driveshaft my buddy had made for it? And I need to fix the cooling lines for the trans. When he put the motor and trans in he didn't give it any flex points at the trans so it is making the lines leak.

On to the more fun stuff I looked at putting on the super and think it will look right at home on the side of the engine. Going to get some gaskets to use as templates to build an intake and header. Also I balled the speedo at putting it in the dash. Going to french it in as far as I can. I think it will look cool. Guess I got some work to do. [;)

Before I can do all that, I have stuff I need to do for my buddy in his garage.

No rest for the wicked I guess.

Also does anyone know where you can find those little light sockets that fit in the back of gauges? Want to try and use all the indicators and such on that speedo.......

Sounds like you have a ton going on...

Does the tail shaft seal sit on a nice clean section of the yoke?
Time for some rubber lines at one end eh on the trans lines?

What did you find out on the daily driver truck?

Yeah I have been extremely busy to say the least.

Yes the yoke is clean, but I wonder if it is causing an issue when it is raised and lowered. Also there is a bushing in the tail cone that could be worn out causing excess wear in the seal.

The trans lines are rubber on the radiator side, but, that doesn't matter when the lines are tied to the frame and are hard all the way back to the trans......

The daily driver was miss firing. After checking about everything under the sun it turned out that the distributor cap which looked perfectly normal was shorted between cylinders 2 and 8. New cap and rotor fixed it. Still havent done anything about the metal I found in the oil...... not to concerned about that at the moment, it is still running fine, I hollowed the cat and don't here anything that sounds like a knock when its running so just going to go with it. It has 175,xxx on it so when it lets loose I will drop in a new heartbeat.

Right on, well hopefully the tailshaft fix isnt too bad to get at...

The hard lines should be mounted to the motor/trans, and then flex at the rad... kinda weird to mount a hard line to a moving item... I'm guessing that was not your doing....

It's always the simple things, which is good, cause they are cheap to replace on the daily driver...
New motors are dime a dozen on the chevy front I'm sure...

Hardest part will be getting it off the ground high enough to work on it!

No the trans lines were not my doing was like that when I got it, although I don't know how in 2 years I have not caught it.

And yea a new motor for Ole Black Betty goes about $500 for a used drop in or $900 for a new long block. So it won't be too bad.

well moving on to the next phase of stupidity...........

Stopped at the local parts shop to get some stuff to try and put on the super/stupidcharger. Ordered the TBI gasket and the plenum gasket for the supercharger to use as templates to make flanges. Ordered an exhaust gasket for it, figured if I am going to cram air in I need to get it out so I am going to cut a flange and try to build my own header.

Then I hit a snag. I can not order an intake gasket. They are not available. Need to find one so I can make a flange for there too. Now I am not sure what I am going to do. :( Start hunting online for one I guess. :(

actually might have figured out why I can't find an intake gasket for this. Not sure it has one. The intake might actually be cast as part of the head. Never really looked at it that close, but it is kind of looking like that may be so going off a few pictures.

Back