My 41 Dodge

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There have been some people machine the intake off, and have the head reworked for a bolt on intake. Then again, there is always the "Aussie" head, which is a crossflow with detachable manifolds, but they're big$$$.

Check out www.fordsix.com, you should find out some info over there....

yeah I have been to there site, just never realized...... saw where they said they have had one of those 250s run a 1/4 in 9.xxx seconds at like 140mph!!!

welp after looking at it yep it is definitely cast into the head. Next task I guess will be to figure out how I want to do this. I am thinking I am going to pull the head and open the intake a little. I can bring it to work and chuck it into the mill here and cut it into something workable for me.

After that I am going to build a box to blow from the super into that hole, and set up a draw through set up for the carb. Probably start with a 450cfm 4 barrel and see what happens. Not sure what I would have to do to calculate a carb size.

Started playing with my speedo I bought a while back. Took it apart and cleaned it up. Got a cable from the bone yard for my trans and it actually fits the back of the speedo I was shocked. Still need to find lights that fit into holes on the back of it though. But as soon as I shape up a new dash for it I should be able to have a working speedo! Might need to change gears in the trans but oh well!

Back to work! [;)

Thanks for the info DR!!! Maybe I will actually be able to put more effort into getting the right carb!!!

Went down and was looking at it again today. Need to get it up off the ground and give another attempt at fixing the trans leaks. Measured some stuff and am going to start getting things lined up to mount the speedo.

Also hooked up a new toy for the old girl. Something to keep her juices flowing while I am not around.

2012-10-20_16-14-24_796.jpg

for $13 I figured it was worth a try. Seems to be working. I am going to build a regulator for it so it doesn't destroy my battery but until then it will be ok for a few days.

well pops, to be honest I don't know what I thought it would turn out like. I know it is not done, nor will it ever be. I think the biggest thing I am not happy with how it turned out is the bed..... But that is changeable. There are a few things that I thought would be a lot cooler before I got it done, there are probably some things I would change. The biggest thing though is that I am happy with it.

I think your build is spot on! Great job.

I just wish that I could get one thing done on mine without
Changing it 3 or 4 times before it suits me.

At the end of the day we can only please ourselves.

POPS

I think your build is spot on! Great job.

I just wish that I could get one thing done on mine without
Changing it 3 or 4 times before it suits me.

At the end of the day we can only please ourselves.

POPS

Yea, I'm tired of being in this club too Pops...
Hopefully things will start working out more often on the first try! ;)

I am still trying to get my flanges cut for the next phase..... Got my one buddy coming up with his plasma this weekend. Hopefully I can get them done then....

well dropped off the steel for my buddy to plasma..... All other efforts to get the flanges done have failed. Hopefully he will get them done and I can at least start building my header....

Latest posts

Back