My '51 F1 build

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great truck, I love F1's of all stripes.

Quick question for you... did you fab up your brackets for the front 4-bar set up? Did you buy that stuff as a kit or from someone on this board? I'm thinking about doing this - any help or info is much appreciated.

yes i made them from a piece of 4 inch agle iron and an 8 inch piece of 2x4 box cut in half. i got the idea from a guy on KB. the thread is hard to find but its there. there is also a guy on ebay that sells a pretty cool bracket that bolts right to the axle for like 75 bux. RF1

Great truck, I love F1's of all stripes.

Quick question for you... did you fab up your brackets for the front 4-bar set up? Did you buy that stuff as a kit or from someone on this board? I'm thinking about doing this - any help or info is much appreciated.

His set up looks similar to what I built for mine. Here's a few pics for you.

Attachments

• 51 Ford 88.JPG
    51 Ford 88.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 51 Ford 87.JPG
    51 Ford 87.JPG
    46.9 KB · Views: 57
  • 51 Ford 86.JPG
    51 Ford 86.JPG
    50.1 KB · Views: 53
  • 51 Ford 85.JPG
    51 Ford 85.JPG
    55.2 KB · Views: 53
  • 51 Ford 82.JPG
    51 Ford 82.JPG
    60.7 KB · Views: 59
how about an updaate from this cat...

been A LONG TIME on the back burner but not forgotten. made some progress in the last couple of days. heres a pic of the interior and one of the bed. gettin close to done and gettin really excited about it. cant wait for the shows this year.

Attachments

• my rat bed.jpg
    my rat bed.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 24
  • my rat interior.jpg
    my rat interior.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 27

Latest posts

Back