My '53 Flat Bed Chevy

Rat Rods Rule

Help Support Rat Rods Rule:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably sheen more than actual color. I put it on wetter than the cab, so the color is a stronger as well as glossier. Heat and humidity - probably. Mostly, operator error. It's been sitting outside aging for a year. It looks a little better now.
I have new appreciation for the body shop painters who match colors so you can't even tell they were repainted.

I agree, the louvered hood will fit the theme of the truck better than the Repop trimmed hood that's on it. I got to the finish line on it and ordered the repop center trim. I was tired of painting stuff and wanted to be done, so I left it chrome.

I've always liked flat beds and have saw a few cool ones running around but the bed on your truck freakin' fantastic. Great lookin' truck.

I'm going to drag this thread out of ancient history. After having it running and driving for about 5 years there are a few things that need work. I thought I'd show the progress as I get some.

First up will be the belts and brackets. The belts slip and squeal. I have made a couple bracket changes in the last couple years without solving the problem. The water pump riser and mechanical fan are going away. I ordered a March Performance serpentine belt system with water pump, AC compressor and ps pump at Goodguys - 10% off and free shipping. I'll be installing it next week if it actually shows up.

Next will be the ride. Not sure where that's going. Maybe coil overs on the front. Talked to Ferral Allen at Aldan and he suggested I check to make sure the suspension bolts and sway bar brackets aren't too tight.

I have a Jag rear that I have been wanting to put under the back.

Attachments

• engine2 09-12.jpg
    engine2 09-12.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 14
  • engine3 09-12.jpg
    engine3 09-12.jpg
    113.9 KB · Views: 12

Latest posts

Back